WELDER – FABRICATOR – CNC MACHINIST
Maintain a mechanical aptitude, skilled craftsmanship, and strong work ethic. Excellent communicator able to see a project through on time with superior results. Experience includes staff management, inventory control, purchasing, estimates, proposals, contract negotiations, vendor/client/contractor relations, and OSHA compliance. Proficiently interpret and communicate blueprints, plans, and specifications.
• Extensive machinist/mechanical experience throughout manufacturing and automotive industries.
• Professionally trained and experience on CNC and manual metalworking techniques.
• Repair and maintain hydraulics and pneumatics under minimal supervision.
• Expertly perform automotive repair work on domestic and foreign automobiles.
• Proficiently read blueprints and optical measuring devices for precision and accuracy.
• Analytical with excellent mathematical and problem solving skills.
• Proper use of Cutting Tools
• Supervisor Training
• Team Building
• Norton Grinding Seminar
• Leadership Development
• Advance Carbide Tooling
• Progressive Discipline
• Purchasing Skills Workshop
• Financial Management
• Supervisor Skills
• Proper use of Cutting Tools
• Goal Alignment
• Capital Appropriation
CNC Operation / Machinist
• Performing CNC/manual set-up and programming (Mastercam) on Bridgeports and Millers.
• Safely operating hand/power tools and equipment, including lathes, shapers, grinders and saws.
• Diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing faulty machinery and equipment.
• Precision shaping of steel, copper, bronze and aluminum parts.
• Accurately maintaining tolerance levels of +/- .0001 thousandths of an inch.
• Rewiring and installing heavy duty electric motors; utilizing electro‑mechanical applications.
• Installing and servicing commercial washers, dryers and irons.
Welding / Fabrication Applications
Sheet Metal Fabrication, CNC Programming, Stick Welding, Plasma, Benching, Machining, Mig Welding, Tig Welding, Brazing, Jigging, Grinding, Oxygen Acetylene, Spot Welding, Bending, Heat Sink, Finishing, Sheer Cutting, Drilling, Tapping, Heat Treating
Brixen Fabricators, Houston, TX – 2009 to Present
• Hold dual responsibility for performing precision welding and sheet metal fabrication work
• Supervise a production crew of welders and fabricators for this manufacturer of commercial deep fryers, and subcontractor for the government and private industries.
• Deliver the highest standards in quality work and productivity levels.
• Manage tight production schedules and Quality Control procedures.
• Monitor compliance with job specifications and ensure resolution of production problems.
• Oversee staff interviewing, hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation.
• Enforce the proper use of protective gear and the mandatory requirement for OSHA compliance.
• Manage administrative functions in areas of job estimates, proposal development, budget controls, vendor relations, and contract negotiations.
• Prepare monthly status and budget reports for management review.
• Schedule and verify deliveries to ensure the timely shipping and receiving of units.
The Metal Shop, Houston, TX – 2003 to 2009
CNC SET UP Machinist / Interim Foreman
• Managed the programming, setup, and fabrication of parts for communications satellites.
• Trained and supervised apprentices and ensured the on time completion of all printing projects.
• Achieved of close tolerances +/- .0005 and +/- .0001
• Established a system in the lathe department that reduced vendor outsourcing by 10 percent.
Upgraded machinery components to improve production efficiency levels.
• Welder / Fabricator / CNC Machinist
• MIL-SPEC 1595