TERMINAL OPERATIONS MANAGER
Offering 20+ years managing total business operations supporting the delivery of logistics and transportation services and business solutions to large business clients on a national level. Adept at leading and developing employees, including a fleet of 200 drivers and dock/warehouse personnel.
Distribution Operations…Project Management…Budget Planning, Implementation and Control…Compliance…Benchmarking / Best Practices…Workflow Analysis, Planning and Management…Workforce Training and Development…Bidding and RFP Development
Company, Town, XX , Date – Present
Terminal Operations Manager
• Direct floor-to-ceiling terminal operations to ensure the timely fulfillment of corporate objectives.
• Monitor, evaluate, and report performance metrics to identify areas for improvement.
• Promoted revenue growth by 23% with the add on of 22 new trucks to expand service across four regions, capturing 16% of the competitive market share.
• Drove operational efficiencies following the implementation and management of a formal employee training program designed to improve staff skills and team work ethic.
• Manage a $3.7M budget covering fleet maintenance/inspections, insurance premiums, fuel expenses, and processing fees with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
Company, Town, XX , Date – Date
Assistant Transportation Manager
• Coordinated the logistical operations of product distribution to 50,000 retail sites in 17 states.
• Ensured quality service and delivery supporting 1500+ accounts using CRM technology.
• Conducted a six month route mapping study for the entire U.S. to optimize service areas.
• Supervised and evaluated the performance of 75 drivers and 45 administrative personnel.
• Recruited, hired and trained logistics crews and drivers for two new facilities; reassigned 30% of personnel to each location, reducing overhead and payroll costs by 28% in the first year.
• Maintained strict compliance in the areas of OSHA safety and EPA guidelines.
College, Town, State
Degree Name, Major, Year