Extensive experience working in general public, educational, and medical office settings. Interface with patrons, patients, professionals, children, and students. Caring and hardworking with excellent customer service and office support skills. Skills: MS Word, CRT data entry, and medical terminology.
Circulation Desk Associate, Six Areas University, Cedar Woods, TN, 12/97 – Present
- Provided information services and research assistance to the general public and students.
- Assisted patrons in obtaining books, periodicals, audio-visuals, and other materials.
- Catalogued library materials, prepared bibliographies, indexes, guides, and search aids.
- Provided general office support and administered academic placement tests.
Teacher’s Aide / Office Assistant, Lexington Schools, Lexington, TN, 3/93 – 6/97
- Assigned to the Publications Department, Computer Lab, Resource Room, and Lunch Hall
- Assisted teachers with document proofreading, duplication, collating and distribution.
- Easily established rapport with students, parents, and faculty members.
Nursing Assistant, Our Lady of Consolation, Lipton, TN | 6/87 – 1/93
Physical Therapy Aide, Mother Cabrini Nursing Home, Milling, TN | 3/82 – 6/87
Held responsibilities at Our Lady of Consolation and Mother Cabrini Nursing Home:
- Obtained vital signs and followed up with medical records-keeping procedures.
- Interfaced with patients, staff personnel, orthopedic surgeons, and neurologists.
- Observed and reported changes in patients’ conditions and other matters of concern.
- Ensured the proper use of equipment and medical devices such as wheelchairs and braces.
- Performed ambulatory therapeutic treatments such as range of motion and gait training.
- Transported patients to and from the hospital for emergency care and scheduled tests.
- Assisted patients with personal hygiene, grooming, meals, and other care needs.
- Maintained sanitary, neatness, and safety conditions of rooms at all times.
Certificate, Information Processing
SECRETARIAL SCHOOL OF AMERICA, Morristown, TN
Certificate, Medical Assisting
JOHN WILSON TRAINING SCHOOL, Crestwood, TN