Strong front line management experience gained working in the transportation and supply chain industry at various levels of the business leading to Director level. Offers outstanding business, technical, and people management skills. Well-versed in all documentation and procedures specific to logistics and freight forwarding. Solid financial acumen and ability to develop procedures to track, measure business performance and to develop best-in-class practices to drive improvements.
KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Organizational & operational efficiency
- Staff training & development
- Safety management
- Budget planning & implementation
- Best practices & process improvement
- Key performance indicators
- Regulatory compliance
- Sales management / vendor relations
Transportation Company of Township, US 2002 – Present
DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION
Provide outstanding leadership to ensure the efficient flow of trucking operations through fleet management of 45 trucks and leadership of a transportation team of 18 transportation coordinators, inspectors, loaders, freight forwarders, and drivers.
- Slash annual freight costs through judicious management of operations.
- Institute best practices and cost-containment initiatives designed to increase labor productivity and reduce incidents of employee injuries and cargo damage.
- Implement key performance indicators to stimulate financial performance.
- Improve service delivery working with cross-functional supply chain operators.
- Work collaboratively with sales force to ensure account acquisition and growth.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on market trends to identify business risks.
- Compile monthly reports to track carrier performance and labor expenses.
- Hold weekly review meetings to discuss financial performance.
- Develop action plans to identify root cause of issues and develop immediate and long-term solutions and repeatable practices to prevent recurring problems.
- Build relationships with vendors such as carriers, shippers, and FF agents.
- Implements the use of a performance scorecard to track business operations.
University of The Township
Bachelors Degree in Logistics
MRP and ERP Systems / MS Word and Excel