Adept at implementing procedures to support office efficiencies and productivity levels. Detail oriented with an excellent figure aptitude; keen ability to recognize and correct discrepancies. Maintains strong statistical data / order entry skills and proficiency in software and database systems. Strong interpersonal communication, organizational, time management and problem resolution skills. People oriented and customer focused; appropriately exercise humor to diffuse tensions.
ASSISTANT OFFICE MANAGER-BOOKKEEPER, Med-Help, Trenton, NJ – 4/2007 – Present
- Index and scan documents for Billing, Accounts Payable, HR, Cash Receipts and Payroll Departments.
- Reconcile monthly census and month end reports, and update daily census records.
- Prepare accounts payable; research unpaid invoices and correct invoicing discrepancies.
- Process data for payroll reconciliation reflecting vacation and personal time.
- Update vital statistics log for county records and processed death certificates.
- Maintain personnel files, Benefits information and track clinical credentials and annual TB updates.
- Direct facility visitors; provided information and announced their arrival to departments.
SHIPPING & BILLING CLERK, The Shoebox, Trenton, NJ – 2/2003 – 4/2007
- Received, edited and processed merchandise orders for shipping and billing.
- Reviewed orders for accuracy of pricing and unit of measures; corrected errors before data input.
- Forwarded confirmations to both inform customers of discrepancies and approximate ship date.
- Routed orders with incorrect information to the appropriate customer service representative.
- Compiled statistics and prepared various reports for management purposes.
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT, St. Augustine Hospital, Lexington, KY, 9/1998 – 2/2003
- Audited patient charts in compliance with regulatory requirements of the hospice care system.
- Helped nurses, chaplains, social workers and volunteers with diversified administrative tasks.
- Observed weekly interdisciplinary team meetings and assisted in handling overflow call volumes.
Davison University, Lexington, KY
Certificate of Completion in Medical Office Technology
MS Word, Excel and Outlook