SPECIAL EVENT COORDINATOR
Accomplished events coordinator with solid experience working within the not-for-profit sector. Oversee the recruitment and training of more than 200 volunteers for special fundraising events such as walk-a-thons in assigned communities. Supervise and support the Fundraising Development Team on the coordination of logistics as a leader and liaison for all sponsors. Set and ensure the satisfaction of event goals. Offer the following select qualifications:
• Proven volunteer experience exercising leadership style in event planning and fundraising.
• Recruiting, training and delegating to volunteers event supporters.
• High-energy with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
• Efficiently handles a myriad of tasks and swiftly solve problems.
• Manages sponsor information using large databases.
Eventions, Louisville, KY | 2008 to Present
Special Event Coordinator
• Direct the planning and execution of fundraising and corporate events in urban communities.
• Develop new events held at various venues across the nation.
• Prepare and executive large-scale mailings to solicit donations.
• Work directly with in-house printers to design and produce all marketing materials and with external printers to coordinate the artwork and production of all marketing collateral such as tee-shirts and buttons.
• Compose and distribute fliers and news release to generate media attention.
• Build and maintain key volunteer relationships with business owners in assigned regions.
• Recruit, train, delegate, coach, motivate and evaluate the performance of volunteers for all events.
• Mobilize committees to facilitate the planning of volunteer teams to ensure support for successful events.
• Work with students and faculty to maintain or implement Colleges Against Cancer Chapters.
• Source and secure sponsorships throughout the U.S. ranging from philanthropists to Fortune 500 companies.
• Works in a team environment to effectively represent the organization’s mission.
Kentucky College, Louisville, KY
Bachelor of Science in Business Management
MS Word, Excel, Outlook, database management