Dedicated registered nurse seeking a position with a large medical center
Community Medical, Knoxville, TN
Senior Clinical Staff Nurse, Telemetry Unit, Date – Present
* Provide pre- and post care for 8-11 patients undergoing cardiac-catherization and Electrophysiological Studies, pacemaker and AICD implantations, MI screenings, and anticoagulant therapy.
* Closely monitor patients to identify signs of arrhythmias and other life-threatening complications.
* Administer medications and hang drips; prepare patients for TEE, echocardiography, and stress tests; and perform clinical procedures utilizing non-invasive monitoring equipment (EKG / defribulator).
* Work with surgeons and cardiologists to discuss patients’ conditions.
* Facilitate the recovery process through patient and family education with a focus on pre/post operative procedures, prevention, medication, and pain management techniques.
* Collaborate with medical professionals to establish a Plan of Care for all patients at point of discharge.
Mercy Hospital, Knoxville, TN
Registered Nurse, Medical-Surgical Unit, Date – Date
* Provided quality nursing care for up to eleven pre- and post-operative and orthopaedic patients.
* Performed total patient assessments on diverse patient populations transferred from ER or directly admitted.
* Acted as liaison between patients and physicians to address problems and patient/family concerns.
* Served as a patient advocate to ensure that patients’ medical and emotional needs are recognized and met.
* Facilitated the recovery process through coordination of discharge planning in collaboration with physicians, care managers, nurses, nutritionists, physical/occupational therapists, and social workers.
* Precepted new nurse, and educated patients/families in areas of prevention, medication, and pain management.
The University of Knoxville
Bachelor of Science, Nursing, Year
LICENSURES & CERTIFICATIONS
Tennessee State Registered Nurse #55555-5
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Member, Nurses Association of Tennessee