Assistant Buyer, offering strengths in the following key areas:
Wholesale / Retail Buying
Customer Delivery Coordination
Regional Product Distribution
Staff Training and Supervision
Buyer, RETAIL TRENDS, Brentwood, CA – 7/2012 to Present
Buyer’s Assistant/Expediter, MERCHANDISE USA, Brentwood, CA – 9/2009 to 7/2012
Showroom Assistant, WHOLESALER, Brentwood, CA – 4/2003 to 9/2009
Buyer’s Assistant, BUYING OFFICE, Brentwood, CA – 5/2001 to 4/2003
- Identifying the need for inventory replenishment and close-out buying.
- Hiring, training, and managing staff members in areas of assignment delegation.
- Maintaining communications between buying office, distribution center, and stores.
- Researching and recording data for sales analysis and reporting activities.
- Devising and implementing inventory databases to improve product tracking.
- Collaborating extensively with vendors, trucking companies, and warehousing personnel to coordinate the cost-effective and timely expediting of merchandise.
- Calculating price breakdowns, discounts, and charges prior to generating and processing PO’s; following up with credits and resolution of invoicing discrepancies.
- Displaying merchandise at store locations to ensure product appeal and profit growth.
- Interfacing with major manufacturers to obtain new product information, including but not limited to, promotional materials, pricing, descriptions, and UPC codes.
- Implementing procedures for the purchasing and tracking of product for weekly in-store events; ensuring availability of product; and attending grand openings.
Johnson University, Brentwood, CA
B.A., Merchandising, 2001