RESTAURANT / FOOD SERVICE MANAGEMENT
Customer Relations · Restaurant Maintenance and Repair · Inventory Management · Team Management · Financial accountability while ensuring the promotion and growth of business.
Eatz, Bristol, CT – 2009 to Current
• Manage front house/back house restaurant operations for this high volume restaurant.
• Direct efficient guest flow through participative shift management, scheduling a full working staff of up to fifty crew members including servers, bus persons, hosts/hostesses and bartenders.
• Oversee employee relations encompassing staff recruitment, training and performance evaluation
• Prepare and distribute payroll for up to 90 employees.
• Handle weekly inventory and vendor relations to ensure the timely and cost-effective purchasing of food, beverages, liquor, beer and small wares.
• Effectively lead and motivate employees through implementation of in-house training and incentive plans, resulting in increased productivity levels and employee satisfaction.
• Prepare and track sales budgets, consistently meeting a weekly sales volume of $75,000.
• Hold P&L accountability; manage sales analysis, forecasting, and reporting activities.
• Report directly to Corporate, and communicate with five regional area locations.
• Ensure the integrity of restaurant operations through excellence in customer relations.
• Participate in Menu Planning Committee meetings to collaborate on the development of new standardized menu, contributing to item, pricing and design changes.
• Attract, retain, and promote new business through proactive community service efforts
Joey’s, Bristol, CT – 2005 – 2009
• Managed total restaurant operations in areas of staff management, customer relations, vendor relations, budgets, inventory control, and purchasing of food, beverages and small wares.
• Supervised all aspects of in-house banquet planning, bookings and payment for up to 80 guests.
• Recruited, trained and scheduled a full working staff of up to forty-five crew members.
• Streamlined controllable spending in an on-going effort to meet weekly overhead expenditures.
• Posted to General Ledger, processed weekly payroll, and prepared weekly sales reports.
• Appointed as OSHA Safety Committee Chairperson; selected area safety managers.
• Promoted new business through participation in community events.
Plan Your Menu, Fairfield, CT – 1997 to 2005
• Managed the overall performance of food service facility and kitchen operations.
• Directed the recruitment, interviewing, hiring, training, motivation and evaluation of crews.
• Oversaw the quality of recipes, service standards, and sanitation practices.
• Controlled fiscal aspects of business operations and met financial goals.
• Coordinated work schedules, ordered food and supplies, and developed restaurant team.
• Supervised the preventative maintenance and upkeep of equipment, facility, and grounds.
• Ensured a safe workplace and pleasant customer service experience.
• Maintained customer relations and coordinated promotions to drive new.
Fairfield University, Fairfield, CT
Bachelor of Science, Business Management
Restaurant and Food Service General Manager Resume