Accomplished law enforcement career that combines experience, specialized knowledge, and achievement in areas of loss prevention, security management, public safety, and criminal investigations. Awarded throughout career with medals and commendations for the resolution of difficult cases.
Case Management, Investigation, Surveillance, Interdiction, Interrogation, Strategic Planning, Human Relations, Team Leadership, Project Coordination, Procedural Compliance, Organization, Communication, Time-Management, Research, Case Analysis, Report Writing; Observation, Crisis Intervention
Phoenix, AZ, 1998 – Present
Security Operations / Investigations
• Conduct routine and special investigations pertaining to car, baggage, and cargo thefts; gang activity; crashes; hijackings; terrorism; and homicides, assuming 20-30 monthly cases.
• Directed security management initiatives for five cargo facilities in concert with a network of law enforcement and loss prevention professionals to theft investigations.
• Sustain a low profile throughout the airport community to observe and procure information critical to case development and apprehension of criminal offenders involved in minor to federal offenses.
• Attend court hearings to provide official testimony, primarily in relation to theft cases; prepare detailed incident reports; retrieve and update computerized records; and maintain sensitive, confidential case files.
• Ensure regulatory compliance with FAA safety guidelines and standard security procedures through performance of risk analysis, threat assessments, and evaluation of existing systems and personnel.
• Dissolved the largest aircraft-counterfeiting ring in the U.S. with a history for eluding capture.
• Spearheaded a joint warehouse sting operation with the FBI, leading to the arrest of 85 suspects in two states, and recovery of $20 million in seized cargo, vehicles, weapons, and aircraft avionics.
• Appointed cross-designation as Federal Officer to head the strategic implementation of audiovisual surveillance systems, and to supervise the solicited cooperation of key informants.
Phoenix Police Academy, Phoenix, AZ
Certified Police Officer, 1997
Phoenix Community College, Phoenix, AZ
Associates in Criminal Justice, 1995
Investigation Interview Techniques
Riot Training & Disturbance Control
Close Quarter Training
MEDALS, AWARDS, CITATIONS
12 Medals, Awards, Citations
Case Resolution, Peer Recognition, Crime Scene Photography
United States Marine Corp, 1982 – 1990