Military Recruiter Transitioning Career to
CAREER DIRECTION: HR ADMINISTRATOR
Accomplished military recruiter with a career path in the U.S. Air Force and extensive, a degree in HR Management, and transferable experience in office administration, recruiting, career counseling and personnel training, development and management. Willing to travel extensively and relocate.
U.S. NAVAL RECRUITING DISTRICT, Location(s), Date – Present
NROTC Scholarship Program Manager / Officer Recruiter, Location (date – Present)
• Recruit applicants through career fairs, College Nights at high schools and referrals from counselors.
• Screen and evaluate applicants through personal interviews, test scores (SAT/ACT), scholastic achievements, extra-curricular activities, personal and professional references.
• Coordinate the processing of full scholarship applications from public and private universities/colleges.
• Recruit college graduates and professional-degree personnel for Naval Officer programs (exempt).
District Trainer, Location (date – date)
• Trained, evaluated and counseled recruiters and zone supervisors in goal planning and prospecting techniques.
• Applied recruiting methodologies such as telemarketing and Personal Direct Contact (PDC).
• Maintained training records on recruiters with a high degree of confidentiality.
• Scheduled and attended Recruiter Evaluation Board meetings.
Military Liaison Petty Officer, Location (date – date)
• Screened applicants through personal interviews, extensive background checks and drug testing.
• Conducted criminal and civil background investigation checks (FBI and DIS agencies).
Recruiter-In-Charge, Location (date – date)
• Managed day-to-day business and recruitment operations of the recruiting station.
• Monitored the progress of recruiters to determine individual goal achievement.
• Prospected for potentially qualified applicants; Interview and process pre-enlistment applications.
• Maintained public relations with high schools, colleges and civic organizations (non-exempt).
University of Town, Town, XX, 2007
B.A. in Human Resources Management
U.S. Department of Labor, Recruiter/Career Counselor
Extensive specialized Naval education and training
Certificate, State School of Engineering
U.S. NAVY, Location, XXXX – Present
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; PeopleSoft; HRIS