Exquisite Scents, Dover, DE | 2010 to Current
• Report directly to the Director of Merchandising of fragrances and cosmetics.
• Perform weekly sales analysis activities based on sales reports for regional and local sales.
• Monitor sales levels to determine product volume adjustments, replenishments and allocations.
• Demonstrate proficiency on the Richter and FRS systems.
• Collaborate extensively with the corporate buyers to facilitate the promotional efforts of new products.
• Ensure the availability of testers and display materials throughout all store locations.
• Coordinate with departmental staff to gather, develop and prepare monthly promotional calendars (Word) reflecting current product launches, contests, commissions, GWPs and PWPs.
• Prepare the company’s Green Book (Excel) providing a comprehensive listing of product lines, monthly promotions, discontinued items, order forms and transparencies to be utilized throughout all store locations.
• Forecast product need and availability; review historical data; and follow through with purchase orders.
Comfy Pillow, Dover, DE | 2004 to 2010
Assistant Merchandiser Buyer
• Reported directly to the Bedding Buyer assisting with all aspects of retail merchandise buying of bedding.
• Performed sales analysis and market research on advertising trends and sales-generated activity to gather comparative and historical data needed to develop new strategies critical in selling new business.
• Prepared sales analysis reports (Lotus) and correspondence (Word Perfect) for management review.
• Communicated extensively with store managers throughout 37 northeast locations to research inventory and product availability, pricing, and store promotions; recorded information on product database.
• Acted as liaison between vendors and warehousing personnel to expedite product distribution.
• Demonstrated exceptional time management, problem solving and customer relations skills.
Maxine’s Bears, Dover, DE | 2001 to 2004
Assistant to Vice President of Merchandising
• Provided administrative support assisting with all aspects of wholesale merchandise buying of toys.
• Acted as liaison between corporate staff, sales representatives, product manufacturers and brokers.
• Interfaced regularly with major toy manufacturers to obtain new product information, including but not limited to, promotional materials, pricing, descriptions, and UPC codes.
• Communicated purchase order information to warehousing personnel and drivers to ensure on-time deliveries.
• Formulated price breakdowns (manually) based on cost, discounts and freight charges prior to generating and processing purchase orders; followed up with credits and resolution of invoicing discrepancies, as needed.
• Devised and maintained a comprehensive inventory database of product information.
University of Delaware
Associates in Arts, Merchandising
Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel; proprietary databases