MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
Strong clinical and managerial background working in laboratory setting of a top hospital recognized as Center of Excellence facility. Well versed in hematology, chemistry, urinalysis, serology and blood bank testing.
• Maintains 5 years of specialized experience working for large, respected laboratory processing and chemistry laboratories that have achieved Center of Excellence status.
• MLT Certified with a bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology from a leading college in the field.
• Performs laboratory procedures in a prompt, accurate, and reliable manner.
• Work in accordance with hospital policies and procedures to ensure strict compliance.
• Delivers excellent customer service to all concerned in relation to clinical test results.
• Proficient in material processing and equipment set-up and assembly practices.
Total Care Medical Center, Bridgeport, CT – 2004 to Present
Senior Medical Laboratory Technician
○ Manage the collection, processing and testing of specimens brought into the laboratory for the accurate diagnosis and treatment of common and rare diseases.
○ Expertly perform lab tests across hematology, chemistry, urinalysis, serology and blood bank.
○ Calculate test results and measure prescribed quantities of samples during tests.
○ Perform ongoing maintenance of instrumentation — saved the hospital $12,000 in 2010 by repairing the equipment, eliminating vendor services.
○ Train and supervise new laboratory techs on all lab procedures and JCAHO guidelines.
○ Work collaboratively with management on the planning, development and implementation of both performance improvement and QC programs to ensure Center of Excellence status.
○ Hire, train, and evaluate medical technologist in all procedures.
Screened With Care, Bridgeport, CT – 1997 to 2004
Medical Laboratory Technician
○ Performed laboratory testing on patients – ranging from venous, arterial, and capillary punctures.
○ Classified and labeled collected blood specimens with a high degree of accuracy to avoid patient mix-ups.
○ Proficiently entered patient data into system according to lab services rendered to facilitate lab testing.
○ Scheduled patient appointments and verified patient insurance according to diagnosis.
○ Carried out quality control checks and readied instrumentation and solutions for testing procedures.
○ Performed clinical procedures such as microscopic examinations of body cells to identify abnormalities.
○ Prepared reagents, solutions, stains and chemical solutions as needed and specified.
○ Reviewed lab results and prepared, expedited, and diligently followed up on PANIC reports.
○ Ensured handling of specimens met HAZMAT compliance and followed strict internal guidelines.
○ Maintained patient confidentially in accordance with HIPAA laws.
BRIDGEPORT COLLEGE, Bridgeport, CT
Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, 2004
LICENSURES / CERTIFICATIONS
Medical Lab Technician Medical Technologist Resume
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN