Long-haul truck driver with a leading retailer or consumer products company; would consider a regional route.
• Offer 15+ years of experience transporting product and hazardous materials for various industries.
• Maintain air brake certification and CDL with tank and hazmat endorsement.
• Experienced driving a broad range of commercial trucks that include 24″ stake, flatbed, and box trucks, 5 speed, 18-wheeler, and vehicles with air brakes and repetitive dual hand controls.
• Possess a strong work ethic and excellent driving record, stable work history and credible references.
• Knowledgeable of DOT safety regulations and map reading procedures.
• Recognized for ability to plan, organize and coordinate priorities in an expedient manner.
• Technically inclined with a proven ability to troubleshoot and repair minor vehicle operation problems.
• Personable and professional with a strong customer service orientation and problem solving skills.
• Accustomed to working under harsh weather conditions; easily lift and carry more than 50 pounds.
Material Transporters, Jackson, MS – 2009 to Present
LONG-HAUL TRUCK DRIVER
• Operate an 18-wheeler to transport building materials, averaging 50 stops daily and 4 monthly long hauls.
• Provide prompt and courteous service to our residential and commercial accounts.
• Verify the unloading of shipments to avoid employee theft and fraudulent claims of missing product.
• Review invoices with customers and obtain shipper and receiver authorizations /signatures.
• Maintain trip logs reflecting customer locations and distance traveled and fuel costs.
• Coordinate vehicle inspections and repairs and troubleshoot vehicle malfunctions on the road.
• Maintain safe vehicle and conditions in compliance with company and highway regulations.
• Assist with load and unloading of product at warehouse using a Pallet Jack and forklift.
Road Shippers, Jackson, MS – 2002 to 2009
• Operated a semi-trailer to transport finished goods, parts and materials, averaging 120 stops per week.
• Serviced equipment in the areas of fuel, oil, water, and air requirements and minor vehicle repairs.
• Reviewed transportation and shipping tags and verified accuracy of inventory counts at all points of delivery.
• Loaded and unloaded product on and off trailers by hand and with the assistance of a forklift.
• Prepared accident reports in compliance with company and OSHA safety requirements.
• Transported materials to various locations with a demonstrated ability to navigate thick city traffic.
• Adhered to DOT regulations and parking rules to keep violations and parking tickets to a minimum.
Commercial Deliveries, Jackson, MS – 1996 to 2002
• Managed a sales route with 80 regular stops that included convenience stores and gas stations, independent supermarkets, and drug stores spanning urban and rural communities.
• Ensured optimal visibility of products with the set up of promotional displays, banners and pricing signs.
• Moved product into stores using roll-on racks and hand carts during peak shopping hours and weekends.
• Stocked product on shelves and in coolers and vending machines.
• Generated invoices, collected payment from store managers on a daily basis.
• Built positive customer relationships with primary contacts at each store and resolved service issues.
Truck Driving School of America, Jackson, MS
CDL with tank and HazMat endorsement
Air Brake Certification