HELP DESK SUPPORT
Technically astute IT professional with strong experience providing help desk support to corporate clients across diverse industries. Recognized for ability to coordinate special projects. control budgets, manage the purchasing of hardware and software, supervise technical teams, and to translate technical jargon into non-technical terms.
Company One, Town, US date to present
Tier I Help Desk Technician
• Provide local and remote desktop support for corporate headquarters and 14 satellite locations.
• Assisted in Implementing a Help Desk Support Department and Data Recovery Center.
• Planned and managed the upgrade of 150 workstations to Windows 2000 and MS Office Suite.
• Reduced the need for outsourcing technical repairs at a cost savings of $12,000.
• Led the company-wide installation and configuration of commercial and proprietary applications.
• Established formal lines of communication for project teams including pagers and messaging boards.
• Assisted in transitioning the company from an AS400 to ERP system involving critical data migration.
• Reduced technical resolution turnaround time from two weeks to same day.
Company Two, Town, US date to date
Tier II Help Desk Support Technician
• Performed desktop support to over 475 employees in person and by telephone.
• Trouble shot network connectivity, network printing and user access issues.
• Planned, developed, and led interactive skill-building software training classes for clients and personnel.
• Provided software training on an individual and small group basis within a classroom setting.
• Played a key role in ensuring a proficient workforce and significantly reducing system downtime.
• Built and maintained computer systems and performed memory upgrades.
Operating Systems / Mainframes
Windows XP/2000/NT/98/95, Microsoft Exchange, Novell, DOS, TCP/IP, UNIX; ERP
Software / Tools
MS Office Suite 2000/2003 (including MS Publisher and MS Access); Blue Ocean Software Trackit, Lotus,
Symantec Ghost, Symantec PC Anywhere, Mcafee Antivirus, Intellireach Anti-Spam
Novell administration (troubleshooting login issues, monitoring printers, monitoring server stats);
maintaining virus software and network backup software on Windows.
A.S., Computer Science