Head Bookkeeper / Office Manager position offering extensive experience in the areas of:
- Computerized/Manual Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Credit and Collections
- Account Reconciliation
- Expense Control
- Weekly Payroll Processing
- Statement Billings
- Customer Service / Client Relations
- Office Management
- Human Resources Coordination
- Staff Recruitment, Training and Supervision
KITTY COUTOUR, Arlington, VA 2003 – Present
HEAD BOOKKEEPER (2009 – Present)
- Manage company-wide accounting and reporting functions for five subsidiaries, as well as weekly payroll processes for 45 salaried employees.
- Handle diversified Accounts Payable/Receivable and expense control procedures including bank and account reconciliation, cash receipts, disbursements, finance charges, billings, invoicing, purchase order/inventory verification, charge-backs, rebates, and preparation of daily bank deposits.
- Collaborate extensively with external auditors, providing in-depth assistance with periodic corporate audits.
- Perform thorough credit analyses, research financial histories, and review account status as a prerequisite to
- Research account transactions, demonstrating a keen ability to recognize and resolve discrepancies.
- Follow through on timely and accurate month-end closings and financial reporting activities
- Negotiate and enforce collections to expedite the clearance on delinquent accounts.
- Qualify new accounts, authorizing product purchases and extending/increasing lines of credit.
- Establish and maintain Human Resources-related employee files reflecting salary increases, deductions, garnishments; benefits; payroll exceptions and W-2 withholdings exercising a high level of confidentiality.
OFFICE MANAGER (2003 – 2009)
- Act as liaison between senior management, employees and clients to ensure open lines of communication.
- Address a myriad of problems and issues requiring immediate attention and resolve.
- Oversee interviewing, hiring, training and evaluation of employees all within the Accounting Department.
CREATIVE TAILORSS, Arlington, VA 1995 – 2003
BOOKKEEPER (2000 – 2003)
- Calculated, posted and distributed employee payroll.
- Managed A/P and A/R, as well as weekly, monthly and quarterly billing.
- Followed-up on collections and General Ledger postings.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (1995 – 2000)
- Provided executive level support to senior management (VP to CEO).
- Acted as liaison between Central Office and Union delegates.
- Coordinated meetings for internal/external management and associates.
- Exercised independent judgment with a high level of confidentiality.
- Prepare Minutes of Meetings; proficiently took and transcribed fast longhand.
- Handled all travel and itinerary preparation; processed all related expense reports (T&E).
- Devised correspondence, prioritized assignments and screened a heavy influx of calls.
- Maintained a comprehensive alpha-numeric filing system and .
- Maintained ongoing inventory of office supplies and capital equipment (furniture and computers).
Arlington College, Arlington, VA
Associates in Accounting, 1994
MS Word, Excel and QuickBooks