Distribution Operations: Warehousing / Fleet Management
Highly competent GM with a 25+ career path overseeing the logistics of distribution and national fleet / route management operations for leading organizations. Recognized as a strategic planner and negotiator with a record for instituting cost-saving process improvements, resulting in higher productivity, exponential revenue growth and commercial customer / account satisfaction.
HR Management…Staff Supervision & Development…Route Sales Management…
Logistical Planning…Route Optimization…Fleet Operations…P&L Forecasting…Budget Control…
Warehousing & Distribution Operations…Vendor Sourcing & Relations…Purchasing…Leasing…
Inventory Control… Contract Negotiations…Quality Control…Regulatory Compliance
Company, Town, XX Date – Date
• Reached annual sales of $6.2 million servicing the foodservice industry comprised of schools, hospitals, restaurants, and all major ice cream retailers.
• Managed storage facilities that included the main warehouse spanning 27,220 sq. ft.) and a satellite location spanning 2,500 sq. ft. to house temperature controlled inventory.
• Increased profits from underperforming to 8.9% by directed the fleet operations of eight refrigerated trucks and two refrigerated vans.
• Monitored vehicle expenses and enforced compliance with DOT, DMV, FDA, and OSHA regulatory guidelines.
• Strategically mapped point-to-point route management/scheduling plans to optimize/reduce delivery times, fuel costs, billable man-hours, and vehicle wear/tear.
• Planned, budgeted, and scheduled labor requirements; slashed costs by reducing excessive overtime.
• Effectively negotiated a 5-year vehicle leasing and maintenance contract at a cost-savings of $43,000.
• Consulted drivers on route navigation strategies throughout the southwest region.
• Pioneered a profitable product line expansion with the introduction of coffee blends and specialty teas to offset price drops during non-peak seasonal periods.
• Instituted inventory control measures to reduce theft at the warehouse and in the field during deliveries.
• Recruited, supervised, developed, and evaluated 18 employees; provided drivers with hands-on leadership and field training in areas of direct sales strategies, customer relations, and general business management.
Company, Town, XX Date – Date
• Built and expanded a strong sales territory through team leadership and development.
• Maximized employee potential and minimized turnover rates through proactive hiring and training policies and an open-door policy that encouraged employee input.
• Served as point person for customers / staff to address and resolve pressing issues.
• Handled financial records and reports, preparation of weekly payroll in excess of $32,000 including incentive bonuses, and formulation of policies and procedures.
• Revamped warehouse to free up much-needed space and to increase productivity levels: disposed of unwanted materials, ensured a safe work area, and organized important records for successful audits.
Vocational School, Town, State
Bachelor of Business Management, Year
General Manager of Distribution Operations Resume