FOURTH GRADE TEACHER
Experienced teaching fourth and first grades.
Ohio State Certified to Teach Grades Kindergarten – Sixth Grade
Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH
Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, 2007
Jackson Elementary Education School, Cleveland, OH 2011 – Present
Fourth Grade Teacher – On Tenure Track
- Expand the range of learning through whole class, individual, and small group instruction, cooperative education.
- Teach integrated lessons across all subject areas that enable students to make connections between real-world issues and diversified course material.
- Utilize the strategies of Reading and Writing Workshops to develop students reading and writing skills as part of a Direct a Balanced Literacy Program.
- Employ the use of multiple teaching methodologies and adapt learning materials to meet each student’s unique learning ability and style.
- Teach math concepts using challenging graphing and charting exercises.
- Integrate technology into the learning process with computer lab and online lessons.
- Evaluate, test, and grade to measure progress and identify learning issues.
- Coordinate Parent-Teacher Conferences and Meet the Teacher Night.
Elementary Education School, Cleveland, OH 2008 – 2011
First Grade Teacher
- Maintained a visually stimulating classroom setting that implemented children’s artwork, essays, and top-graded tests, as well as letters, numbers, animals, and maps.
- Made learning exciting through lesson plans that covered various areas of a broad curriculum in order to challenge the creative and critical though process.
- Create a learning environment where children learned through play, socializing, homework, and group projects, and acclimated to daily routines.
- Communicate students’ academic/ social growth and achievement with parents.
- Exercised a firm and caring approach towards discipline that has proven effective in managing a classroom.
- Participated in district meetings, PTA meetings, and Parent-Teacher Conferences.
Microsoft Office, educational software and websites, SmartBoard
The role of a teacher cannot ever be underestimated. It is the single-most important influence beyond the role of a parent or significant care-giver. A teacher sees a child every day, inspires them to be life-long learners, shapes their mind to see things from multiple perspectives, encourages them to explore the world around them. Moreover, they are able to evaluate a child’s emotional well-being and social development skills to ensure they are doing well on many levels and is on a safe, healthy path. Based on a teacher’s observation and evaluation that is presented to an interdisciplinary team, a student will benefit from receiving the tools needed to succeed academically and in many other areas of their life.
Here are sample sentences and key words for your teacher resume or teacher cover letter. Be sure to include teaching related jargon so the reader understands.
* Apply behavior management strategies that keep students on task while teaching and reinforcing positive behavior and social skills through [type of] ________ and [type of] ________ exercises.
* Managed a __-student classroom in the areas of lesson plan / individualized lesson plan development and implementation, [function such as student evaluations] _________, and [function such as parent / CSE Team meetings or field trip coordination] _______________.
Teacher Cover Letter
I am a dedicated educator with [number of] ____ years of experience seeking a position as a [secondary education, elementary education, per diem substitute, art education, ESL, etc.] ________ teacher.
I currently alternate between [number of] __ schools on a [schedule] _______ basis to provide morning and afternoon coverage for [number of] ___ of [general education, special education] ____ students.