Florist / Retail Manager
CREATIVE, BUSINESS-SAVVY FLORIST
Offering extensive experience in the areas of:
Store Management … Sales & Marketing … Vendor Relations … Staff Training & Supervision …
Wholesale / Retail Buying … Inventory Replenishment … Merchandising
RETAIL BUSINESS OPERATIONS
• Managed a busy florist shop in charge of merchandising, sales, marketing, customer service, inventory, budget, payroll, and vendor relations, as well as the management of four sales associates.
• Trained staff in sales, customer service, product knowledge, floral arrangements, and merchandising.
• Negotiated with overseas vendors to obtain flowers and supplies at the lowest cost availability
• Purchased inventory on bulk and in advanced to meet customer supply and demand during peak seasons.
• Established a loyal business and strong community presence with consumers and businesses.
• Ensured the on-time preparation and delivery of large orders for weddings, graduations, and funerals.
• Designed spectacular window displays year round and during holiday seasons to attract new business.
• Planned store space to maximize placement and visibility of high-end, best-selling product.
• Staged displays of fresh, dry and silk florals, trees, and related products.
• Accessorize arrangements with balloons, teddy bears, chocolates, pots, vases, ribbons, bows, and other items.
SALES & MARKETING
• Secured accounts comprised of hospitals, funeral homes, catering halls, hotels, airports, and local companies.
• Provided needs assessment and developed proposals and closed sales with a high degree of success.
• Created and launched effective advertising campaigns and sales presentations.
• Generated extensive business through word-of-mouth advertising and business referrals.
College, Town, XX
Degree Name, Major, Date
MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; POS