To improve your medical receptionist resume, know the facts:
A medical receptionist resume must show how good you are will juggling multiple priorities, you ability to interact professionally with others in person, your understanding of medical insurance processes and the channels to go through to expedite the processing of all insurance billings.
You need to show how well you greet visitors, handle incoming calls and perform general administrative tasks, from screening heavy phones, and scheduling patient appointments, to completing requisition forms, speaking with laboratory personnel, and calling in prescription refills to the pharmacy.
DEFINE THE TYPE OF RECEPTIONIST POSITION YOU ARE SEEKING:
Front Desk Receptionist
Sample sentences for a medical receptionist resume:
Coordinate medical office procedures within a busy pediatric office in all areas of patient relations, insurance billing, and appointment setting.
- Manage a medical front desk in areas of manual and computerized scheduling, billing, and medical/insurance records management, including major carriers and Medicaid.
- Process an average of ___ patients on a _____ basis for a fast-paced ______ practice.
- Maintain open lines of communication between patients, physician, ________, and _________ personnel.
- Schedule patients’ medical screenings and following up to obtain results.
- Respond to priority issues to ensure the prompt referral of urgently needed medical care.
- Coordinate daily pharmaceutical-related matters to verify and expedite a high volume of prescription orders.
- Obtain medical transcriptions from physicians and collecting/processing patients’ co-payments at close of day.
Sample sentences for a medical receptionist cover letter:
I am an experienced, bi-lingual speaking medical receptionist with prior experience as CNA and Lab Tech. I am proficient in front desk medical office management for a large, busy general practice medical office.
I have a strong working knowledge of computerized processes and data entry procedures, including MS Word and Excel, along with an advanced knowledge of medical terminology used to prepare patient charts.
Here are key words for a medical receptionist resume:
Medical office management, patient relations, medical insurance processing, medical claims, Medicare, patient billings, insurance carrier relations