To improve your customer service resume, know the facts:
- A Customer Service Representative resume needs to show what the service organization is about about and the types of customers such as individual consumer (BtoC – Business To Consumer), online customer, mail order / catalog orders, business customers (BtoB – Business to Business), retail, wholesale, industrial, etc.
- A resume for a customer service agent or rep should show the customer service process, such as from a call center or in person, how long it takes to provide the customer service from point of intake to completion.
- A Summary or Profile section is a good idea because it will give the reader a sense for how well rounded and qualified you are.
- Achievements should focus on customer satisfaction ratings, how many customer service issues are dealt with and resolved daily, as well as the types of customer services issues come through your department.
DEFINE THE TYPE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE POSITION YOU ARE SEEKING:
Customer Service Agent
Customer Service Associate
Customer Service Manager
Customer Service Representative
Call Center CSR Agent
Field Customer Service Coordinator
Here are sample resume sentences for a customer service resume:
- Set goals for ______, develop _______ capabilities, and define how ______ translates to improving the customer service experience.
- Established ________ practices that focus on the delivery of exceptional customer service, ___________, and _______ to achieve business success.
- Supports the implementation of _________ programs from point of planning through execution.
- Educates client groups and sales teams on _________.
- Provide coaching and leadership to _____ in order to achieve ____, _____ and _____results.
Here are sample sentences for customer service cover letters:
Thank you for taking the time to review my resume in consideration for the Customer Service Manager position. I am confident you will find my #_ years of experience in progressively senior level roles a strong fit for the position.
I have a laser-focused interest in a position that will leverage my unique background servicing customers from a in-bound call center for __________ and my background developing _________ for the _______ industry. If the open position combines these specialized areas, then the position is tailored made for someone with my background.
Here are key words / power statements for customer service reps:
- Genuine interest in helping and servicing others.
- Patient with a willingness to be flexible to accommodate others.
- Outstanding professional communication skills.
- Confident demeanor that shows the customer there is excellent support.
- Excellent listening skills essential to “hearing” customers concerns.
- Proficient computer skills for word processing and data entry.
- Excellent ability to memorize details, events, protocols, and guidelines.
- A professional interest in learning about all customer profiles.