To improve your construction project manager resume, know the facts:
- A construction project manager must have a strong grasp on project management methodologies specific to construction, such as residential, commercial, structural or civil engineering.
- A resume for a construction project manager covers many functions such as the types of project worked on and supervised, from coordinating crew schedules to walking around the site to ensure compliance and safety, and interfacing with vendors, architects, inspectors, and clients.
- A profile will show the hiring manager how qualified you are. They will be looking for the projects you’ve managed. List them in a brief way to make them want to read more under Professional Experience.
- Other things to include would be crew supervising, budget tracking, inventory control, purchasing, bidding, and proposal development, along with technical skills such as CAD, blueprint reading, and equipment.
DEFINE THE TYPE OF CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT POSITION YOU ARE SEEKING:
- Field Construction Manager
- Site Construction Manager
- Construction Superintendent
- Senior Project Manager
Sample sentences for a construction project manager resume:
Current on trends and materials impacting the requirements and budgets of major residential and commercial construction projects.
Recruit, cross-train, and supervise tradesmen during all phases of _________, _________, and _________.
ex: new construction, excavation, renovation, remodeling, and demolition work
Oversee budget planning, labor & materials, vendor relations, job estimates, development of bid proposals, and contract negotiations.
Collaborate with builders, designers, and architects to review and modify blueprints, develop detailed construction plans.
Consult with municipalities, developers, and agencies on proposed projects to ensure code compliance and obtainment of permits.
Structural steel, mechanical systems, gas, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, drywall, masonry, extensions, steel/wood framing, fascias, interior/exterior paneling and painting, cedar and aluminum siding, roofing, marble, tile, waterproofing, drains, joists, rafters, flooring, elevator pits, and shaft ways.
Sample sentences for a construction project manager cover letter:
The following highlights select strengths that I would bring to this position:
- Review of _________, _________, and _________.
Ex: contracts, plans, and specifications, construction methods, and materials.
- Budget planning and procurement of _________ and _________.
Ex: quality materials direct from supply yards and vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal-communication, time-management and crew management abilities.
- Decisive under pressure; expedite the resolve of unforeseen problems and schedule delays.
Here are key words for a construction project manager resume:
Purchasing & Inventory Control
Bids, Proposals and Estimates
Consultation and Planning
Vendor Sourcing & Selection