Before you prepare your Aircraft Mechanic resume, know the facts:
Define the type of position you are seeking:
Aircraft Mechanic / Airplane Mechanic A&P Mechanic, or A&P Technician
Address & Contact Info
- Be sure to include Aircraft Mechanic related jargon so the reader understands, as well as your technical expertise such as using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun, and drills. .
- Below are fill-in-the-blank sentences with keywords for your Aircraft Mechanic resume:
- Inspecting, repairing, troubleshooting, installation, operational, maintenance, managing support equipment functions and activities.
- Perform mechanical maintenance of landing gear, flight surfaces, controls, anti-icing, auxiliary power unit , ________, _________, and ventilation and heating systems.
- Repair, replace, and rebuild wings, fuselage, ________, _________, and surface controls
- Read and interpret manufacturers and airline’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, and engineering data.
For an Aircraft Mechanic cover letter:
I am very interested in the A&P Mechanic position with your airline and was very excited when I learned about your airline’s need for an aircraft mechanic with my background and credentials.
I offer 20 years of experience as an A&P Mechanic with XYZ Airlines where I proved my ability to maintain the flight-worthiness of commercial aircraft every day. Whether working alone or with a crew, my project management skills always contributed to productivity and compliance.
I would like to speak with you to discuss opportunities. I can be reached directly at 555-555-5555. Thank you for your time.