To improve your administrative assistant resume, know the facts:
- An administrative assistant resume needs to show the type of office environment you worked, such as the level of management you provided office support to and the type of external clients you interacted with.
- A resume for an administrative assistant covers a broad scope of what a secretary does – from setting up meetings and conferences to preparing Excel spreadsheet reports to coordinating ad hoc projects.
- A Summary or Profile section is a good idea because it will give the reader a sense for how well rounded and qualified you are. This would include the industry(ies) you worked, the level of executives you worked for/with, and your skills and education level, along with many soft skills.
- Achievements should focus on projects and special events, and anything you’ve done that resulted in customer satisfaction, saving the company money, and taking on added responsibilities.
DEFINE THE TYPE OF ADMIN POSITION YOU ARE SEEKING:
Office Support Clerk
Office Support Temp
Here are sample resume sentences for an admin resume:
- Provide administrative support to three department VPs in all areas of __________, ___________, and _____________.
- Create document templates and establish procedures to ensure the efficient handling of __________ and _______________.
- Coordinate various projects for company-wide department managers, including ____________ and ______________.
- Assist with general bookkeeping in the areas of ______, ______ and ______. Work out payment options for customers in arrears.
Here are sample sentences for admin cover letters:
Thank you for taking the time to review my resume in consideration for the Administrative Assistant position. I believe you will find my twelve years of experience managing the day-to-day business affairs of corporate executives.
I am highly dependable, creative, and technology savvy. I am highly adept at managing multiple priorities and keep all concerned apprised.
My resume is attached to provide you will the details of my background. I welcome the chance to speak with you by phone or to meet in person to discuss how my background as an administrative assistant is a good fit.
Here are key words / power statements for customer service reps:
- Calendar Management
- Highly Organized
- Project oriented
- Exceptional Time Management
- Computer Proficient
- Customer and Vendor Relations
- General Bookkeeping