To improve your accounting clerk resume, know the facts:
- An accounting clerk must be project oriented and have a strong grasp on the technologies and software used in today’s accounting office such as QuickBooks, Excel, and mainframe systems.
- A resume for an accounting clerk covers many functions such as Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, General Ledger Posting, and Data Backup.
- A Summary will give the reader a sense for how qualified you are. This would include the industries you’ve worked, type of customers, number of accounts, volume of account portfolio, and accounting functions.
- Achievements should focus on projects such implementing a new accounting software, training staff, working with clients and vendors, rectifying transactional issues, and creating new tracking systems,
DEFINE THE TYPE OF ACCOUNTING POSITION YOU ARE SEEKING:
Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Full Charge Bookkeeper
Here are sample resume sentences for an accounting clerk:
• Coded, batched, and logged receivables on a monthly basis.
• Entered cash receipts in GL and processed checks for payments.
• Assist with annual audits, consistently achieving “no findings.”
• Perform ______ reviews and process invoices for weekly payments.
• Execute, reconcile and transmit ________ accounts payable accounts.
• Processed tax bills for payment for all company units.
• Work directly with _________ to identify and resolve _______ issues.
• Verified _________ charges and prepare ______ for clients.
• Respond to __________ inquiries pertaining to ________.
• Process billing adjustments and manage account reconciliation.
Here are sample sentences for an accounting clerk cover letter:
I am highly detail oriented, analytical and organized with exceptional time management, problem solving and research skills. I am diligent and methodical, and easily cross-train staff in _______________.
My resume is attached to provide you will the details of my background. I welcome the chance to speak with you by phone or to meet in person to discuss how my background as an accounting clerk would be a good fit.
Here are key words / power statements for accounting clerks:
- General Ledger Posting
- Highly Organized
- Project oriented
- Exceptional Time Management
- Computer Proficient
- Customer and Vendor Relations
- General Bookkeeping