Resume Sample for Environmental Underwriter
Offers 15+ years of underwriting expertise in the environmental field driving the success of product developments, expanding market reach, and building a book-of-business through direct prospect and producer development.
* Develops strategic direction to achieve key objectives and lends expertise to support the development of complex environmental underwriting.
* Experienced in Environmental risks across coverage areas, including GL, WC, pollution and liability.
* Works in alignment with best practices, tools, and techniques for assessing potential exposures.
* Strong familiarity with policy language, endorsements and ability to tailor manuscript coverage.
Company, Town, XX Date – Present
* Supervise the day-to-day underwriting operations by establishing priorities, scheduling and assigning work, adjusting schedules to meet completion dates,.
* Resolve complex problems with underwriting procedures.
* Conduct underwriting audits and technical quality review programs.
* Analyze qualitative and quantitative data prepared by underwriters.
* Use Letters of Authority to provide approval for risk selection and acceptance, coverage, and price.
* Recommend creative alternatives in regards to rating plans, coverage, and payment plans.
* Manage a team in the delivery and profitable products to assigned agents.
* Evaluate staff knowledge, expectations, and effectiveness of development plans.
* Develop client relationships and retain profitable business for book of business in market segment.
* Participate with senior management in department and business unit-wide initiatives around product development, processes, underwriting policy and strategy.
* Recommend and implement changes to improve productivity, profitability, growth and the quality of assigned book of business.
* Analyze quality and quantity of risks underwritten and prepares reports accordingly.
Company, Town, XX Date – Date
* Reviewed, analyzed, accepted, and declined risks to ensure profitability for carriers.
* Communicated with underwriting managers and environmental product line leaders.
* Issue recommendations concerning operations, systems and procedures.
* Selected new business to drive production and underwriting profitability.
* Reviewed terms, conditions and pricing, as well as submissions to identify exposure and risk.
* Underwrote renewal business and handle related servicing.
* Implemented corrective measures on renewal accounts.
* Marketed to producers by coordinating marketing plan with marketing associates.
Company, Town, XX Date – Date
* Headed the implementation of product line underwriting objectives by review, evaluation, selection and pricing of insurance programs
* Generated new business revenues by developing prospects, visiting assigned producers, participating in direct presentations and negotiating programs and cross marketing goals.
* Provided primary communication and direction for all processing requirements including policy issuance instruction, endorsement requests, billing requirements and audit review.
* Maintained service standards by timely response to broker requests and receipt of collateral and agreements to satisfy demanding deadlines, quotation delivery, and certificate acquisition.
* Interpreted, explained and marketed products and services to target markets.
College, Town, XX
Degree in Environmental Underwriting
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
CPCU and CIC