SALES & OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Project-oriented operations management professional with a record of success directing broad areas of sales, general management, and business operations within fast-paced, high-tech environments. Effective in utilizing resources, improving processes, increasing quality, and reducing costs. Maintain a well-honed ability to evaluate operational needs and implement strategies with profitable results. Equally valuable areas of qualification include:
New Business Development / Client Relationship Building Facilities Operations / HR/Staff Management / Contract Negotiations / Purchasing / Budget Control / Proposal Review / Financial Reporting
Company, Town, US date to date
Director of Operations
Joined this leading provider of audio-visual and presentation technology services and solutions to direct the business operations, sales management, and logistics of show services for major corporate clients. Held positions of increased responsibility for multiple properties during periods of expansion and company-wide rightsizing.
• Steadily drove and sustained annual sales revenues from $1.2M to $4M with the acquisition of major accounts that included The Henry Hotel, The Golden Hotel, and The Mandolin Resort.
• Effectively negotiated multi-year contracts with major accounts that included: Conlair Computers, James ITC, EXO, and Bronson Technologies.
• Recognized as a top sales producer with a record for breaking new sales ground in 2005.
• Fully directed show service-related business operations for twelve SPL-TELAIR in-house hotels and surrounding businesses and restaurants in Orange County, Petersburg, and Winston/
• Interfaced with cross-functional teams of special events coordinators, meeting planners, and technical professionals to ensure the success of 2,800 annual awards galas, tradeshows, and business conferences.
• Coordinated the setup, operation, and tear down of Audio Visual equipment.
• Directed the logistics of Audio Visual and computer rental, event staging, simultaneous interpretation, audience response and multi-microphone discussion systems, exhibit and tradeshow solutions.
• Oversaw the staffing of technicians, freelance specialists, and union labor employees in areas of recruitment, training, delegation, supervision, and evaluation.
• Slashed monthly expenses by $38k as a direct result of revamped purchasing processes and vendor contracts.
• Managed financial analysis and reporting activities for all properties, including budgets, cost estimates, purchasing, invoicing, leased equipment contracts, proposal review and authorization.
College, Town, US
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration