Mr. John Smith
1234 E. Main Street
Any Town, US 55555
Dear Mr. Smith:
I am very interested in joining a college as a health educator / nurse educator. When I learned that Community Medical College has an vacancy, I immediately completed the application process, which includes my attached resume for your review. I believe you will find me to be a good fit for either a health educator or a nurse educator position.
Having a total of 17 years of experience, which includes eight years educating nursing students in classroom and clinical settings and 12 years facilitating in-service training to medical staff members, I am well qualified to teach your students the theories and practices of nursing and health.
I have always been proactive in educating medical and health care professionals. Regardless of my schedule, I have always made it a point to volunteer my time to share my knowledge and to conduct workshops on many health care topics to local hospitals.
In my current dual role as a nurse educator and nurse administrator at All Saints Catholic Charities, I have taught hundreds of direct care aides in preparation for state certification, and have positively influenced many to further their careers in the field of nursing.
I have knowledge and experience, as follows:
* Experienced in teaching and mentoring nursing students at the college level and in clinical settings.
* Preparing and delivering lectures to nursing students on the practices of fundamental nursing.
* Incorporating the use of multiple teaching methods such as group discussion and Q&A sessions.
* Creating course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
* Breaking curriculum up into units to facilitate and gauge the learning process at an appropriate pace.
* Assisting nursing students with diverse learning styles and language barriers in grasping extensive, complex information.
* Well-versed in mental health and medical disorders, as well as the treatment and prevention of each condition.
I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you to learn more about your facility, the requirements of the position, and how my qualifications would be a good fit.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. I hope to speak with you soon.