Mr. John Smith
1234 E. Main Street
Any Town, US 55555
Dear Mr. Smith:
I am very interested in joining an organization such as (name the organization). During my online research, I was very excited to learn about the current opening for a finance manager, and feel my qualifications and your requirements are a good match. For your review, I have attached my resume for your consideration.
In my current position as finance manager with Pens and Pencils, a leading manufacturer and national distributor of recycled writing instruments to retailers, the military, and schools with $40M in annual revenues, I head the company’s Corporate Finance Department.
Through supervision of a large financial team, I oversee fiscal controls with direct responsibility for the following day-to-day operations:
* Preparing monthly financial statements and forecasting reports.
* Evaluating the company’s financial positioning through analysis of monthly income statements, expense reports and quarterly revenues.
* Preparing ADP payroll for 335 employees assigned to seven locations.
* Ensuring the timely and accurate processing of A/P and A/R activities.
* Monitoring cash flow management using on-line banking systems.
* Handling serious collections activities and legal proceedings.
* Supervising annual internal audits to ensure compliance.
If you feel there is a mutual interest, I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you to learn more about your company, the requirements of the finance manager position, and how my qualifications would be a good fit.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.