COST ACCOUNTANT – MANUFACTURING
20+ years of specialized experience in cost accounting, inventory control, variance analysis, gross margin analysis, account analysis and reconciliations, financial analysis, month-end closings.
PLASTIX FABRICATION, Philadelphia, PA | 2003 – Present
- Run an efficient accounting department in charge of an accounting staff of six for this producer of plastic containers used by the medical and cosmetic industries worldwide.
- Manage the complex allocation of expenditures and financial reporting activities.
- Perform deep analysis of margins, costs, and inventory controls, prepare reporting packages and financial reports, and coordinate the activities of month-end closings focused on GL reporting and reconciliation.
- Lend an expertise of general business operations and accounting processes to improve cash flow, cash forecasting, fixed asset management, and management of key documentation.
- Project manage variance analysis activities, annual compilations, and external audits.
STARLIGHT FABRICATIONS, Denver, CO | 1999 – 2003
- Investigated complex cost accounting functions, from review of work orders and inventory transactions to investigation of account variances and analyses of work-in-progress activities.
- Summarized manufacturing variances across purchase prices, work orders, and spending.
- Teamed with Manufacturing and Engineering Departments to ensure the accuracy of BOM.
- Carried out monthly forecasting and analysis of actual vs. budget.
- Monitored inventory cycle count program and conducted periodic cycle count audits.
- Reconciled perpetual vs. G/L inventory; prepared detailed inventory reconciliation, taking into consideration both capitalization of variance and inventory reserve calculations.
- Headed the set up of five new cost centers across all U.S. regions.
- Verified the accuracy of GL coding, analyzed actual costs, and prepared periodic reports.
PEDDLE & METAL, Denver, CO | 1994 – 1999
- Provided costing support during the development process of new products for cars and bikes.
- Tracked annual physical inventory and analyzed costing for new products manufactured onsite that supported decisions to purchases vs. produce products using raw materials.
- Ensure the accurate completion of inventory transactions and monthly closing processes.
- Managed inventory data, tracked procurement of raw materials and finished goods; monitored the reporting of labor allocations; and reconciled sales orders and GL journal entries.
Mountain View College, Denver, CO
B.S., Business Accounting
MS Word and Excel; Hyperion; ERP; SAP; Oracle Enterprise One