Corporate and Leisure
Experienced travel agent with skills and training in Sabre airline reservation system procedures. Professional background includes sales, front desk management, claims processing, and customer care management. Bring a passion for travel and business management capabilities essential to promoting travel options from point of consultation to closing. Maintain excellent research, planning, and follow through skills. Qualifications include:
Travel Sales & Consultation – Customer Service & Support – Time Management
Cost-effective Negotiations – Relationship Building – Promotional Sales & Marketing
On-site Vendor Inspections – Problem Analysis / Resolution – Staff Training and Supervision
Company One, Town, US, date to date
Corporate Reservation Agent
• Developed and managed a Corporate and Leisure portfolio of customers seeking cost-effective, knowledgeable travel consultation specifically in the areas of flight arrangements, hotel accommodations, car rentals, train tickets, cruises, resorts, tour packages, restaurants, and excursions.
• Collaborated with vendors to promote exclusive travel packages offered only through Company One Travel, encompassing resorts, cruise lines, and tours through Sandals, Club Med, Beaches, Allegro, Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Princess, Trafalger, Tauck, Central Holidays, Globus, and Islands in the Sun.
• Conducted comparative evaluations of worldwide travel markets and trends to keep apprised of real time changes and global events directly impacting travel schedules, the economic climate, and consumer attitudes.
• Demonstrated skills as a capable travel consultant within a high-volume sales environment during the busiest season spanning January to September 2001– a time of strain for the world and the travel industry; met challenges to meet a five-day sales quota in a four-day workweek.
• Coordinated standard/electronic customer and vendor communications to promote packages, close sales, confirm reservations, generate itineraries and correspondence, process payments, and issue tickets.
• Processed special requests to provide general and special customer populations with supportive services throughout all phases of travel with ground, air, and ocean-bound vendors.
• Utilized Sabre, proprietary reservation system, Internet, and vendor websites to research and report on pricing, availability, features, hotel profiles, resorts, cruise lines, tour itineraries, geographical facts, sightseeing tours, health issues, weather forecasts, currencies, entry-requirements, travel advisories, and special events.
• Contributed to the workplace administratively from new employee training to billing disputes and collections, authorized competitive price adjustments, and negotiated exclusive wholesale arrangements with vendors.
Company Two, Town, US, date to date
Front Desk Clerk
• Handled front-desk reservations for the Any Hotel, a 139-room hotel located one mile from the airport with accommodations that included a conference room and business center.
• Provided daily and weekly hotel accommodations to flight crews comprised of commercial and private pilots, stewards, stewardesses, as well as foreign/domestic motor coach tour operators and their passengers.
• Managed computerized bookings and reservations, corporate and private account management, credit card authorizations, billing, and discrepancy resolutions.
Community College of Any State
Associates of Science in Office Technology
Microsoft Word, Outlook; Internet;
Sabre; Profit Manager Hotel Reservation System
Segment status changing, geographical coding, airports, airlines, fare quotes, flight availability, flight service information, service class, hotel booking (Room Master), car booking (Car Master), itinerary pricing, queues, rules, seat assignments, seat maps, fare storage, tariff displays, and ticketing/e-ticketing procedures.