Self-starter with 20+ years of experience reporting to executives. Works well with supervisors and
field service personnel to provide administrative support with appointment scheduling, correspondence
and expense report preparation. Highly organized; able to manage a diversity of high priority projects in
a fast-paced environment. Maintains a strong computer proficiency, along with specialized skill sets:
- Meeting Coordination
- Office Administration
- Calendar Management
- Vendor Relations
- T&E and PPT Preparation
- Correspondence Management
- Special Project Coordination
MEDIA GALORE, Wichita, KS, 2009 – Present
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- Manage details of multi-party conference calls, in-house and off-site meetings and luncheons,
travel arrangements, calendars, itineraries, agendas and preparation of expense reports.
- Organize the planning of trade shows, conventions and seminars; handle booking of location.
- Prepare required registration forms and process payment of related fees.
Follow-up with Accounts Payable Department to ensure invoices are paid on time.
- Collaborate with printers on the design and printing of logo changes, letterhead, envelopes,
business cards, literature, presentation folders and product line inserts at agreed-upon rates.
- Developed and update an Operations Manual in charge of organizing information and materials.
- Execute word processing projects, including large-scale mailings, correspondence, and manuals.
- Handle inventory and requisitioning of supplies; research to secure savings on all items.
MEETING & TRAVEL COORDINATION
- Exercise independent judgment, decision-making abilities and high level of confidentiality.
- Collaborate with various levels of management to gather information pertaining to key issues.
- Act as liaison between management and field sales personnel to ensure proper communication.
- Coordinate the interviewing process between management and ‘new hire’ candidates.
- Assist out-of-town candidates with travel, hotel and car service arrangements.
Communicate well with external contacts to properly handle direction of business relations.
- Distribute company literature and follow- up with meeting arrangements as needed.
SUPERMARKET PROMOTIONS, Bartlett, KS, 2003 – 2009
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO VP OF PROMOTIONS
- Managed a busy promotions office, from providing administrative support to VP on day-to-day business affairs – from meetings and travel to promoting food and health & beauty products and supervising a large staff.
- Directed the day-to-day logistics of all ad promos for most major supermarket chains across 35 U.S. states such as CTS, K-Smart, Kings & Mullens.
- Served point person for advertising agencies and store managers to obtain ad specs and coordinate placements are respective locations across the U.S.
- Followed up on activities to identify and resolve recurring problems with pricing adjustments, quality printing, and in-store formats.
- Tracked and verified invoices for 1,500+ independent stores; manage accounts receivables, billings, invoicing and collections activities.
- Supervised a staff of four associates to ensure the accurate promotion of 25,000 items each week using a proprietary database and effective verification system.
- Created training manuals and marketing kits for all promotional teams.
- Trained Corporate and field staff on best practices and procedures in line with policy, schedules, customer preferences, and brand knowledge.
- Consistently evaluated what was working and what was not; took the initiative to improve processes and presented recommendations for major, critical changes.
Emily College, Wichita, KS
Associates in Secretarial Science, 2009
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; WordPerfect; Peachtree Accounting; QuickBooks