CPA with 12 years of experience planning and managing internal / external audits. Senior audit manager with a track record of achievement for analyzing business processes, procedures and activities to identify organizational issues, reduce risks, recovery lost funds and formulate recommended solutions. Expertly utilize methodologies to measure operational efficiencies, financial integrity, reporting capabilities and asset safeguarding in alignment with SOX compliance.
Jackson, WY | 2012 – Present
Senior Audit Manager
* Plan and develop audit scope, objectives and program using risk- and control-based auditing techniques, along with walkthroughs and review of clients’ operating and accounting procedures.
* Work with management team in alignment with GAAS and GAAP and accounting standards.
* Assess internal control procedures specific to business and support areas.
* Develop new business leveraging industry experience and client management practices.
* Conclude and propose recommendations for improvement in processes and system controls.
* Review transactions, documents, records, and methods for accuracy and effectiveness.
* Conduct interviews and observations and complete asset verification.
* Develop risk assessments for critical business processes.
Cheyenne, WY | 2006 – 2012
* Prepared audit plans and assigned team members to numerous audit engagements.
* Supervised, reviewed, and developed audit team members.
* Communicated with clients to ensure satisfaction of expectations and tight deadlines.
* Reviewed reports, opinions, management letters and tax returns.
* Prepared presentations and reports on audit examinations, conclusions, and recommendations.
* Conducted post-audit follow-ups to measure outcome of corrective actions taken.
Cheyenne, WY | 2004 – 2006
Assistant Audit Manager
* Trained, supervised, mentored and evaluated an audit engagement staff on external audits.
* Held staff accountable for project deliverables that meet the highest standards in client service.
* Worked directly with partners and audit team as a key member of the management team.
* Handled general accounting functions including job estimates and client billings / collections.
* Work with area managers to facilitate the strategic deployment of audit team.
B.S., Finance and Accounting, 2004
Wyoming State Certified Professional Accountant