ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT / MEDIA PLANNER
Creative and business-minded administrative professional adept at managing projects and programs in corporate and media-driven workplaces. Excels at supporting senior-level executives and managing multi-state promotional initiatives and events. Teams well with stakeholders, advertising agencies, and vendors.
National Promotional Planning | Administrative Support
General Accounting | Client & Agency Relations
Trade Show Management
ASSISTANT TO VP OPERATIONS
MEDIA GALORE, Wichita, KS | 2009 – Present
- Manage details of conference calls, in-house and off-site meetings and luncheons,travel arrangements, calendars, itineraries, and preparation of expense reports.
- Prepare print and web-based registration forms and work with A/R to process payments.
- Follow-up with Accounts Payable Department to ensure invoices are paid on time.
- Collaborate with printers on the cost-effective design and printing of logo changes, letterhead, envelopes, business cards, literature, presentations and product line inserts.
- Handle inventory and requisitioning of supplies; research to secure savings on all items.
- Organize the planning of trade shows, conventions and seminars; book event venues.
- Exercise keen judgment, decision-making abilities and high level of confidentiality.
- Collaborate with management to gather information pertaining to key issues.
- Liaison between management and field sales personnel to ensure proper communication.
- Assist out-of-town candidates with travel, hotel and car service arrangements.
- Communicate with external contacts to properly handle direction of business relations.
ASSISTANT TO VP PROMOTIONS
SUPERMARKET PRICEWARS, Bartlett, KS | 2003 – 2009
- Managed a busy promotions office in all areas of meetings and travel coordination to
promoting food and health & beauty products spanning multiple categories.
- Coordinated ad promos for supermarket chains in 35 U.S. states such as CTS, K-Smart, Kings & Mullens.
- Trained Corporate and field staff on best practices and procedures in line with policy, schedules, customer preferences, and brand knowledge to ensure the accurate promotion of 25,000 items.
- Served as point person for advertising agencies and store managers to obtain ad specs.
- Resolved problems with pricing adjustments, quality printing, and in-store formats.
- Tracked and verified invoices for 1,500+ stores and managed both A/R and collection activities.
- Created training manuals and marketing kits for all promotional teams.
Associates in Secretarial Science | Emily College, Wichita, KS
MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; SharePoint;
Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator; QuickBooks