Draw from job ads to add keywords to your resume that match the job requirements. You will score better on Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). Admin resume keywords:
Billing, Invoicing and A/R
Sales Team Support
Efficient Problem Resolution
Sherman Oaks, CA | (747) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced purchasing clerk seeking to transition to a position as an administrative assistant where strong organizational skills, computer proficiencies, and ability to manage sales orders will be valued.
Key Skill Sets:
- Project oriented with a proven ability to coordinate the details of multiple tasks.
- Excellent skills in various software programs; accurately and consistently types 75+ WPM
- Trustworthy, ethical and discrete; committed to superior customer service.
- Confident and poised when interacting with individuals at all levels.
- Resourceful and analytical with a penchant for detail and mathematical aptitude.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, QuickBooks and Peachtree Accounting.
Auto Parts Brokerage – Sherman Oaks, CA | 2012 – Present
- Enter all sales/purchase orders in system before deadline.
- Place orders and manage equipment parts requirements.
- Verify, ship and track orders for entire region.
- Maintain and update all auto parts procurement reports.
Financial Lines – Sherman Oaks, CA | 2010 – 2012
- Managed credit transactions and generated invoices from job tickets.
- Assisted sales staff with responses to customer inquires/responses.
- Maintained check transmittal forms for collections of outstanding monies.
- Processed and printed purchase orders and verified customer signatures.
Alpha Realty – Sherman Oaks, CA | 2009 – 2010
Real Estate Assistant
- Marketed new projects and vacant apartments.
- Oversaw leasing of rental properties for programs.
- Assisted with development of agency rent collection procedure.
- Arranged credit checks, income verification, and home visitations.
Sherman Oaks Community College – Sherman Oaks, CA
A.A.S., Liberal Studies; GPA 3.9
Cover Letter Tips for Administrative Assistants
You are going to be judged by your ability to write and compose correspondence. Your cover letter is no different. It must be succinct, interesting, factual, and error free. The points you must make include why you are contacting them, informing the HR person how you learned of their opening, and what, specifically, qualifies you for the position. This is a good opportunity to showcase your research and communication skills. The structure of your cover letter will show the reader that you have a good understanding of how a letter should be constructed. In secretarial school, administrative assistants are taught where to place the date, inside address, salutation, and closing signature, as well as how to indicate who is being copied (cc) or blind copied (bcc) and what the enclosure is (enclosure, attachment or list of recipients). If you are unsure how to set up a letter, view our sample cover letters to see how it is done.