Offers accomplished experience in the field of accounting with small to mid-sized accounting firms. Credentials include a Bachelor’s degree in Business Accounting and extensive company-led training. Adept at developing, implementing and teaching computerized processes, managing people, and building client relationships. Possesses strong research, analysis and financial reporting abilities.
J&J ACCOUNTING – Columbus, NE | 2012 – Present
• Manage monthly bank reconciliation of approximately $7,500,000.
• Manage reconciliations, with responsibility for: claims accounts, COD accounts, miscellaneous reconciliation accounts; and standard journal entries.
• Monitor special account to track inter-company fraudulent activity.
• Recognized for exceptional organization, systems and time management skills essential to meeting month-end closings on time.
• Collaborate effectively with COD and Claims Departments to gather and report information pertaining to reconciliations and accounts receivable collections.
• Negotiate / enforce collections to ensure clearance on outstanding accounts.
• Communicate extensively with employees, customers, bank representatives and District offices through correspondence and telecommunications to resolve incidents of insufficient funds and stale dated payroll checks.
• Process employee wage assignment transactions and Bond request applications.
• Developed and implemented a comprehensive database system involving a complex conversion from Q&A to Access, currently being utilized by ABC.
• Acknowledged for successfully training co-workers in several states to make a smooth transition to new computerized system.
BRYANT & COMPANY – Beatrice, NE | 2006 – 2012
Senior Accounts Receivable Clerk
• Handled month-end closings; financial reporting and data processing.
• Prepared batch reports for General Ledger Department.
• Recovered misapplied Money Transfers for Credit and Collection Department.
• Trained and managed two accounts receivable clerks in all A/R functions.
CRAWSON BROTHERS – Beatrice, NE | 2004 – 2006
Junior Staff Accountant
• Electronically processed rate lock fees, appraisal fees and adjustments.
• Obtained batch numbers and prepared daily balance of Sub Ledger.
ARNOLD FINANCIALS – Beatrice, NE | 1998 – 2004
Accounts Receivable Bookkeeper
• Solely managed order entry, customer service and product inquiries.
• Manually maintained Accounts Receivable log and General Ledger.
• Processed billing, handled collections, and prepared daily bank deposits.
B.S., Business Accounting
Access, Excel, Word; Lotus, Q&A; ROD, EPC Batch Injection System;
Data Entry: alpha 12,000 keystrokes; numeric 8,000 keystrokes