Sports Journalism Graduate
Ambitious, sports-enthusiast seeking to ignite career in an entry-level public relations position where a Sports Internship, bachelor degree, and experience in a general management capacity will be of value.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Comprehensive knowledge of major sports leagues, teams, and individual athletes across Major League Baseball, National Football League, National Hockey League and the National Basketball Association.
• Confident, articulate communicator with a demonstrated enthusiasm and talent for sports journalism.
• Maintain strong technical skills including camera equipment operation and film editing procedures.
ANY COLLEGE, Town, US
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism, Month, Year
Dean’s List; GPA 3.7
Sports Intern, TV Station. Network Channel, Town, US X/XX – present
• Conduct pre-game locker room interviews with the head coach and members of Name of Major Football Team.
• Formulate key questions reflecting recent victories, defeats, and current events impacting the team.
• Tape up-close interviews on camera to capture the full essence of individual viewpoints.
• Manage the editing of taped footage to final cut for Name of Sports Program sports anchor reporting.
Player-Coach, State Women’s Rugby Team, Year – Year
Catering Manager, Restaurant, Any Town, US X/XX – present
• Fully responsible for the management of off-premise catering events, as well as waitress and hostess services, for this upscale, high-volume fine dining restaurant.
• Oversee the planning and implementation of catering services to accommodate anywhere from 50 to 150 guests, involving the on-site setup of tables, chairs, food, beverages, tableware, and special requests.
• Coordinate the training, scheduling, and supervision of up to ten foodservice employees with a focus on reliability, skills, appearance, customer relations, safety, quality assurance, and problem resolution.
• Generate new sales leads through effective networking and customer referrals.
• Conduct client needs assessments, develop tailored sales proposals, and negotiate catering contracts.
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook Express, Internet navigation