RETAIL STORE MANAGER
Retail store manager with a career path in consumable hard and soft line products. Track record of consistently meeting and exceeding customer expectations and company goals. Core competencies include customer relations, employee supervision, training, operations, sales promotions, and P&L accountability.
Thrift Dollar Stores, Cleveland, OH – 2011 to Present
* Manage total store level operations, including staff hiring, training, evaluation and work schedules.
* Handle budget planning and tracking, accounting and payroll.
* Coordinate inventory control, receiving; merchandising (plan-o-grams) and store maintenance.
* Direct loss prevention initiatives, successfully reducing shrink by $15,500 a week.
* Led store to rank in top 100 locations from a national region of 5,750 locations.
* Achieved the highest sales growth in region; store was chosen as a model store for district.
Furniture On Loan, Cleveland, OH – 2009 to 2011
* Responsible for every phase day-to-day store operations.
* Established sales goals, managed budgets and devised sales forecasts.
* Maximized sales and profitability of assigned areas through execution of company programs.
* Interviewed, hired, trained, mentored, coached and evaluated performance of hourly associates.
* Responsible for personnel management, merchandise selection and presentation and store operations.
*Worked with store managers to ensure merchandise changes aligned with sales patterns.
General Discount Stores, Cleveland, OH – 2005 to 2009
ASSISTANT STORE SUPERVISOR
* Responsible for overseeing the entire store operations.
* Assisted manager in all areas of resets, remodels, relocations, and new store openings.
* Handled sales tracking and reporting, inventory control, and employee payroll.
* Training and supervised full and part time personnel.
* Worked directly with vendors to confirm and verify shipments.
* Managed all aspects of merchandising, window displays, and stocking,
* Ensured excellence in customer service and resolved all problems at the store level.
CLEVELAND UNIVERSITY – Cleveland, OH
B.S. in Business Management
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; QuickBooks; MAS90
This is a classic retail store manager resume because it outlines the scope of what a store manager does every day. Things to consider are responsibilities on the front end and back end of the store, from making sure all merchandise is displayed effectively on the shelves and end caps to managing sales associates on the floor, in the back, and at the registers. A store manager must track inventory, control theft (shrink) and forecast sales to understand how the store is performing.
Be sure to include a balanced overview of everything you do as a store manager, as well as special projects such as community outreach events, in-store safety programs and employee recognition awards. In addition to task, back it up with numbers and metrics.
RETAIL STORE MANAGER COVER LETTER:
Perhaps your retail organization is seeking to recruit an experienced store manager to oversee day-to-day retail operations at the store level. Ideally, this position will fully utilize my knowledge and experience in the areas of sales management, staff management, customer service, merchandising, inventory control, budget control, and sales reporting activities.
In my current position as Assistant Manager with Tinker-Tonker Toys, I was selected by senior management to oversee and improve the company’s high volume store located at Mega Mall. This decision was based on my capacity to effectively manage the White Hall store through management of 45 employees across multiple shifts for nearly two years.
As a Focus Store within a large mall environment, I maintain full responsibility for all aspects of daily store operations with a strong emphasis placed on implementing Loss Prevention procedures. Under my direction, this high volume location continues to increase in employee retention levels and weekly sales volumes.
Combined with my availability to serve as primary point of contact on a 7-day, 24-hour basis, and ability to facilitate communication — whether through computerized systems, written reports, or verbal exchanges, I am confident that I would be an asset to your retail organization.
I would welcome the opportunity to meet for an in-depth, confidential interview. Thank you for your review and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
CONSIDER YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE BEFORE APPLYING TO JOB ADS FOR A THRIFT STORE MANAGER
St Francis Animal Rescue is seeking a full time
Thrift Store Manager.
This high energy, people oriented person will provide supervision, oversight and management of all thrift store operations to generate revenues to support the St Francis Animal Rescue mission.
- Oversees, & participates in, the processing of donated items, pricing and stocking the sales floor.
- Develops and implements procedures for key store activities, including, but not limited to: cash handling procedures, opening & closing procedures, donation handling procedures.
- Maintains all store supplies. Orders supplies as necessary while ensuring fiscal responsibility is maintained.
- Works with the board of directors to set annual revenue projections and long range goals. Responsible for implementing plans to achieve goals in a timely manner.
- Builds & maintains a network of local businesses in order to procure quality donations of out-of-season or discontinued goods.
- Hires, trains, evaluates and schedules all paid store staff and volunteer staff.
- Provides timely direction to all staff & volunteers.
- Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers, and ensures that all staff & volunteers provide excellent customer service.
Marketing & Promotions
- Oversees advertising and community outreach programs.
- Develops & implements in-store promotions and special events.
- Participates in community activities to raise awareness of the SFAR programs and mission.
- Attends monthly board of director meeting. Provides information to the board regarding sales performance vs goals, volunteer feedback, and other pertinent information.