RESTAURANT / CATERING MANAGEMENT
Talented, creative restaurant management professional with 20 years of experience seeking to join a well-established restaurant to manage all aspects of Front of House / Back of House operations and catering services. Expertise includes a proven ability to drive increased patron attendance, PR / reputation enhancement, wine and menu planning, staff hiring and supervision, purchasing, vendor relations, inventory control, budget control and compliance.
The Blue Frog, New York, NY – 2009 to present
RESTAURANT MANAGING OWNER
* Hold full responsibility for all aspects of daily front/back-end business operations.
* Serve an estimated 650 customers per day, providing a broad range of services that include off-premise catering, take-out orders and sit-down lunches and dinners.
* Oversee lunch and dinner menu planning reflecting daily specials and seasonal changes, including Italian dishes, hot and cold platters, vegetables, pasta and garden salads.
* Manage eighteen FOH / BOH staff members, including prep-cooks, waitresses, cashier and dishwasher in areas of customer service, food preparation/portion control, food storage/disposal.
* Control all financial reporting activities and accountant relations.
* Handle inventory, cost control and purchasing of all dry goods, meat, poultry, seafood, salads, sauces, and oils, as well as soda and alcoholic beverages.
* Collaborate with kitchen staff on new recipe development and quality control standards.
* Interface with Board of Health inspectors to ensure full compliance and licensing.
* Establish and maintain customer relations with a highly diverse population.
* Promote new business by way of local advertising and networking efforts.
Culinary Institute, Bethpage, NY
Bachelor of Science in Food Service Management
MS Word, Menu Planning, POS