CERTIFIED PARALEGAL ASSISTANT
Highly competent and well-suited for a position within a corporate legal department, offering expertise in:
Civil Litigation – Corporation – Wills & Estates – Negligence
Matrimonial – Personal Injury – Real Estate – Malpractice
Family Court – Bankruptcy – Criminal
- Strong working knowledge of legal terminology, general law, and legal proceedings
- Detail-oriented with excellent research, investigative, and reporting skills
- Exercise independent judgment and decision-making abilities,
and a high level of confidentiality
- Uphold the ethical standards of the legal profession
- MS Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
LEXIS/NEXIS, MATLAW; McKinley’s and DAKCS
- Time Slips / Time Reporter, Forms of Bankruptcy (F.O.B.)
|PARALEGAL, Danon, Georges & Dennis | Los Angeles, CA||2007 – Present|
- Report directly to four attorneys with broad ranged responsibilities that encompass the timely and complex preparation of cases from discovery to trial phase.
- Coordinate office functions encompassing court calendar management, retainment of court reporters, and scheduling of conference rooms for deposition proceedings.
- Work with attorneys, clients, healthcare providers, insurance carriers, law firms, and government agencies.
- Ensure clear communication and meet deadlines through execution of dated correspondence.
- Perform computerized and law library research to obtain and gather case-relevant data and materials.
- Prepare content-specific case files for attorneys reflecting supporting forms, documentation, and photographs to use during client presentations, and index/cross-reference network database information.
|LEGAL ASSISTANT, Asset Recovery | Los Angeles, CA||1998 – 2007|
- Collaborated with Collections, Medical Billing, and Finance departments to obtain documentation pertaining to the status of more than 50 weekly referred collections cases forwarded to the Legal Department.
- Carefully sourced and selected bonded attorneys across the United States utilizing the American Lawyers Quarterly, Commercial Bar Directory, National Directory List, and Columbia Directory List; determined the appropriate choice upon obtainment and review of résumés, insurance policies, and court filing fees.
- Integrated traditional investigative methods and DAKCS database system to gather account histories and case-sensitive documentation for attorneys including credit bureau reports, court affidavits, judgments, skip tracing records, bankruptcy notices, banking statements, proof-of-assets, and trial letters.
- Maintained ongoing communication with attorneys and clients from point of referral/discovery to trial phase, facilitating and expediting case settlements that awarded clients a minimum of 80% in recovered funds.
Certificate of Completion, Paralegal Studies Program
LOS ANGELES PARALEGAL SCHOOL, Los Angeles, CA