Targeting an RN position on a medical-surgical unit within a
progressive medical health center offering broad experience
working in both hospital and nursing home setting on various units.
Willing to work nights, weekends, or a flex-shift.
• Dedicated nurse respected by nursing teams as the go-to
RN who shares nursing knowledge and who is always willing
to mentor new nurses.
• Cares deeply for the well-being of patients; proactively
advocates for patient rights and strives to ensure a
• Easily manages a heavy patient load; has a reputation
as the “energizer bunny” who gets the job done, even
on a long stretch of 12-hour shifts!
• Adapts easily to changing hospital settings and
work schedules. Can be depended on to fill in for
another nurse at a moment’s notice.
• Maintains outstanding clinical and critical thinking
skills used to provide competent patient care under
stressful medical circumstances.
• Personable with a positive attitude; interfaces well
with patients, families, and nursing staff. Create an
environment that uplifts patients’ spirits.
Huntington Medical Center, Cedar, LA, 2011 – Present
• Scrub and circulate on all surgical-related services,
providing pre- and post-operative care in areas of
orthopedic, vascular, neurological, general, plastics,
laser, laparoscopic, and thoracic, as well as implantation
of morphine pumps and bone growth stimulators.
• Demonstrate exceptional observation, assessment,
and intervention skills while ensuring open lines of
communication between patient, families, and medical
teams in a fast-paced operating room unit.
• Provide in-service education for operating room staff
members on laser and spine surgery with a focus on
spine surgery equipment and procedures encompassing
discectomies, fusion with instrumentation, and bone
grafts in relation to scoliosis, spinal fractures, and decompressions.
Abundant Care Nursing Home, Okenee, LA, 2007 – 2011
• Provide pre- and post operative nursing care for
8-10 adult and geriatric patients with musculoskeletal
injuries and conditions including lumbar laminectomies
and anterior/posterior cervical discectomies.
• Educate patients and their families on disease processes,
medical-surgical procedures and other aspects of
therapeutic regimens, including medication and
pain management techniques.
• Administer oral and intramuscular and subcutaneous medications.
• Recommended and implemented changes to the
Medical unit regarding assignment delegation and
prioritization, resulting in a higher standard of
patient care, and reassessed/revised plan of care.
Good Samaritan Hospital, Tynes, LA, 2003 – 2007
Staff Nurse, Medical-Surgical Unit
• Provided direct patient care to pre- and post-operative
• Safely administered medications, and educate patients
and their families on the proper use of braces, prosthetics,
and orthopedic equipment with a focus on safety and
pain management techniques.
• Collaborated effectively with an interdisciplinary team
of medical and health care professionals comprised of
a physician, nurse manager, dietician, social worker,
case manager, and physical therapist.
• Precepted staff nurses in areas of patient care, policies,
and procedures with demonstrated leadership skills.
Community Hospital, Victor Town, LA, 2001 – 2003
Licensed Practical Nurse
• Performed neurological testing to check patients for
• Reviewed computerized laboratory test results following
post dialysis, colonoscopies, ERCP, and surgeries.
• Provided a broad range of general nursing care services
in areas of vital signs, EKG, phlebotomy, catheters,
feeding tubes, IV and central lines.
• Prioritized and delegated assignments, contributing
to a higher standard of patient care and staff retention.
• Monitored patients’ PPT/INR levels to identify the need
for anticoagulant therapy, and for potential side effects
of medications demonstrating strong observation,
assessment, and intervention skills.
Cornerstone University, Braunson, LA
Bachelor of Nursing, 2003
Cypress Community College, Braunson, LA
Licensed Practical Nurse Certificate Program, 2003
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
Registered Nurse License #000001-55
Licensed Practical Nursing License #000000-22