HEALTH CARE ADMINISTRATOR
* Health care management professional with a career path in healthcare and human resources administration and business operations.
* Strengths cover organizational and leadership assessment, workforce competency training, recruitment and retention, in-service training, and workshop development.
* Competencies include policy setting, project management, budget control, vendor negotiations, process improvements, program development, and facility expansion.
Healthy Communities, Venice, CA – 2004 to Present
Senior Heath Care Administrator
• Direct hospital-wide quality and performance improvement initiatives across: Utilization Review; Risk and Quality Management; Performance Improvement; Disease Control; Nutrition; Compliance; Social Services and Physical Therapy Programs.
• Direct all areas of regulatory compliance and medical staff credentialing requirements.
• Coordinate workforce management objectives with a focus on individual, departmental and hospital-wide initiatives and team concepts.
• Guide the process of root cause analysis to identify, track and resolve adverse events encompassing the development, implementation and monitoring of a corrective action plans.
• Led a major facility expansion that drove revenue from $5M to $10M through implementation of: Palliative, Pediatrics, Ambulatory Trauma Care, Cardiology, Oncology, and Physical Rehabilitation medical units.
• Recruited and developed a 400-person medical staff representing a 38% increase; put into place much needed training programs that achieved a an 95% staff retention rate in first year.
• Facilitate over 30 annual in-serving training and nurse education programs to ensure a competent medical workforce and compliant organization.
• Directed the realignment of health care practices to better manage a high-risk patient caseload.
• Significantly reduced hospital stays and cost expenditures resulting in a steady revenue climb.
Call Away Nursing Services, Venice, 2001 to 2004
• Managed nursing programs and monitored quality assurance and risk management initiatives.
• Ensured the efficiency of emergency care services and proper administration of Laboratory, Pharmacy, Radiology, and Medical records departments.
• Established a walk-in clinic for general treatment, significantly reducing annual HMO costs.
• Formed a physician peer review committee to minimize malpractice lawsuits.
• Developed and implemented budgets and salaries for a health care workforce of 425.
Health First and Last, Venice, CA – 1997 to 2001
Director of In-Service Training
• Created and administered staff training, coaching and performance management programs.
• Served as a technical advisor and business resource for a staff of 85-100 direct reports.
• Strategically negotiated and managed training contracts with over 25 regional medical centers.
• Led the reduction in emergency room delays as a result of a more efficient workforce.
Venice University, Venice, CA
Masters in Health Care Administration, 2005
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), 1996
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
California State Registered Nurse License, License No. 5555555
CPR and BLS Certified