Ohio State Permanent Certification to teach Elementary Education, Grades K-6th
Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH
Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, 2007
Jackson Elementary Education School, Cleveland, OH | 2011 – Present
Fourth Grade Teacher – On Tenure Track
- Expand the range of learning through whole class, individual, and small group instruction, cooperative education.
- Teach integrated lessons across all subject areas that enable students to make connections between real-world issues and diversified course material.
- Utilize the strategies of Reading and Writing Workshops to develop students reading and writing skills as part of a Direct a Balanced Literacy Program.
- Employ the use of multiple teaching methodologies and adapt learning materials to meet each student’s unique learning ability and style.
- Teach math concepts using challenging graphing and charting exercises.
- Integrate technology into the learning process with computer lab and online lessons.
- Evaluate, test, and grade to measure progress and identify learning issues.
- Coordinate Parent-Teacher Conferences and Meet the Teacher Night.
Elementary Education School, Cleveland, OH | 2008 – 2011
First Grade Teacher
- Maintained a visually stimulating classroom setting that implemented children’s artwork, essays, and top-graded tests, as well as letters, numbers, animals, and maps.
- Made learning exciting through lesson plans that covered various areas of a broad curriculum in order to challenge the creative and critical though process.
- Create a learning environment where children learned through play, socializing, homework, and group projects, and acclimated to daily routines.
- Communicate students’ academic/ social growth and achievement with parents.
- Exercised a firm and caring approach towards discipline that has proven effective in managing a classroom.
- Participated in district meetings, PTA meetings, and Parent-Teacher Conferences.
Microsoft Office and a broad range of educational software and online programs