CREDIT & COLLECTIONS ANALYST
Offering a 18 years of experience heading credit & collections operations Senior level credit and collections analyst with a proven track record for managing large-scale collections activities that have saved employers several millions of dollars. Skillfully negotiates and enforces collections activities and expedites the clearance on delinquent accounts. Expertise combines a proficiency in developing and designing management reports, along with solid project coordination skills and exceptional research, analysis and accounting abilities. Efficiently manages departmental operations, exercising strong organizational and people management skills.
* Performing thorough credit analyses, research financial histories, and review account status as a prerequisite to qualifying new accounts and authorizing the extension and/or increase on lines of credit.
* Conducting in-depth research and interfacing with external collection agencies in an effort to track and resolve outstanding account delinquencies to ensure a high recovery rate.
* Resolving difficult collection issues through means of direct client contact, implementing diverse strategies that include provision of applied charges and explanations.
* Distributing correspondence to various branches for resolution on severely delinquent accounts, and preparing monthly status reports for senior management review.
* Working collaboratively with all impacted departments to ensure conformance with company-wide accounting guidelines, procedures, and reporting activities.
* Handled multifaceted, computerized collections activities for a globally leading transportation company with an annual net service revenue in excess of $16 billion.
* Effectively managed a pre-collections portfolio of 1,500 transactional accounts including corporate, healthcare, and partnerships with a combined value of $38 million.
* Trained more than 1,200 personnel from three continents on newly implemented software programs resulting from a company-wide conversion leveraging Web seminar technology.* Reversed carrying charges and approved write-off transactions of up to $27,000 on delinquent accounts exceeding one year based on analysis of estimated liquidation value.
FIGURE-IT, Union, NJ 2011 – Present
Senior Credit and Collections Analyst
Auto-Town, Jersey City, NJ 2007- 2011
Credit and Collections Manager
Medical-Surplus, New York, NY 2001 – 2007
Credit and Collections Supervisor
Greater State University, Jersey City, NJ
B.S., Finance and Accounting
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; PeopleSoft Financials