Offering strengths in areas of:Offering strengths in areas of:
Invoice Management A/P – A/R Management
Customer Service Month-End-Closings
GL / Trial Balance Client Relations
Account Reconciliation Account Management
Systems Operations Billing & Collections
Staff Supervision EDI / Data Conversion
FACTORY CO., Inc., North Hendrix, AL, 3/2002 – Present
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (11/2009 – Present)
Accounts Receivable Clerk (9/2006 – 11/2009)
Computer Operator (3/2002 – 9/2006)
Managed the Account Receivable function for hundreds of national retail accounts, including
CALDOR’S, J.C. PENNEY, SEARS and KMART
General Accounting Processes
* Handle billings, collections, reconciliation, general ledger and month-end-closings with a main focus on accounts receivable functions.
* Manage detail aging, commission, manual/computerized cash batches,and sales journal; perform data entry and order processing functions.
* Reviewed and approved new and current customers for credit accounts.
Customer / Vendor Relations
* Liaised between management, staff, factoring company, suppliers, and customers.
* Interfaced with customers and retail buyers to expedite orders.
Staff Training & Supervision
* Train and supervise a staff of 5 junior accounts receivable clerks.
* Coordinate schedules, delegate assignments, and prepare payroll.
* Work with HR to recruit new hires and supervise summer interns.
* Manage Electronic Data Interface (EDI) operations.
* Oversee all mainframe operations and troubleshooting.
* Train staff on all system operations and software upgrades.
* Microsoft Word, Word Perfect, Excel, and Access
* Mainframes: CS50, MV25000, AS400;
* Quicken and Peachtree Accounting
* 14,000 alpha/numeric keystrokes per hour
JOHN DAVIES UNIVERSITY, Sherman, AL
B.S., Computer Science