Senior accounts payable clerk resumes are generally plain in format and must demonstrate a proficiency is processes, standards, and procedures – both manually and electronically. Even though an accountant’s job is mostly routine, the work can be extremely project oriented. Depending on the industry and size of the company, the workload can be moderate to complex. The size of the Accounts Payable Department is indicative of how big the staff needs to be to handle the deadline-driven workload.
Include projects, number of accounts, and the staff size, as well as the nature of the organization. Break down the A/P functions so nothing is taken for granted. Indicate the type of regulatory compliance your industry adheres to, the type of reporting, and the type of software programs used. Be as specific and descriptive as possible in a concise manner.
SENIOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
Offering broad experience well-suited for a position
as a staff accountant.
- Degreed in Accounting with nine years of accounts payable experience.
- Project oriented with advanced organizational, time management and problem=solving skills.
- Detail oriented with a keen ability to recognize and resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Diligent and determined; perform research to obtain missing information.
Johnson & Phillips, Lees Summit, MO 2001 to Present
Senior Accounts Payable Clerk
- Manage Accounts Payable Department for the U.S. subsidiary of this
$1.4B fashion label with 80 retail outlets worldwide.
- Hold supervisory responsibility for a staff of sixteen A/P clerks.
- Handle the checking and processing of several hundred invoices each week.
- Research accounting discrepancies to ensure all outstanding invoices are paid.
- Handle the posting and processing of payables to the AP system.
- Research PO’s to verify authorization and serve as point person for clients and bank
representatives to address and resolve all accounts payment matters.
Hanson’s ComputerWorks, Bellsworth, MO 1987 to 2001
Accounts Payable Clerk
- Managed invoice processing for a portfolio of 100+ merchandise vendors.
- Built relationships with vendors, buyers, and internal supply chain contacts,
resulting in ongoing business development and revenue growth opportunities.
- Handled the review and resolution of vendor disputes and aged items.
- Monitored and reported open EDI invoice problems and worked with
EDI Coordinator to expedite outstanding payment.
- Maintained timely vendor account and payment data and reports.
State College of Missouri
B.S. Degree in Accounting
Microsoft Word, Word Perfect, Excel, and Access
Quicken and Peachtree Accounting