This accounting supervisor worked her way, starting as a head bookkeeper. A chronological format the best format if you have remained in a similar type of position and your experience is progressively responsible and steady.
A title objective is used to make it easy for the hiring manager to screen the resumes while also showing focus. The paragraph that follows is an opportunity to give the reader a brief on your background while using keywords for Applicant Tracking Systems.
The resume focuses on what was done at each company, covering everything from accounting tasks and procedures to key software.
Highly experienced accounting professional with more than 20 years of experience and a degree Accounting. Analytical and detail oriented with strategic problem solving skills and a proficiency in electronic accounting procedures. Effectively manages a large staff of accounting clerks with a focus on HR matters and workflow efficiency, accuracy, and compliance.
GOVERNMENT LOANS USA, Torrance, IA 2008 – Present
* Manage Accounting Department reporting directly to Controller.
* Prepare consolidated financial statements and SEC reports.
* Conduct audits across health care and technology industries.
* Instituted a financial reporting system that met GAAP standards.
* Established financial applications for MAS90 mainframe system.
* Hold weekly staff meetings to address projects and goals.
* Conduct periodic employee performance evaluations.
ACCOUNTANTS TODAY, Brighton, IA 2005 – 2008
* Performed account reconciliations and general ledger entries.
* Improved processes in relation to internal audits compliance.
* Posted to GL accounts and performed cash flow analysis.
* Monitored controls and systems to manage inventory levels.
* Prepared financial statements and variance analysis reports.
* Trained and supervised junior staff accountants.
ABBOTT CONTROLS, Skittles, IA 1993 – 2005
* Ensured tax, legal and company compliance with payroll issues.
* Analyzed business performance to maximize operations.
* Maintained weekly cash flow management and reporting activities.
* Prepared reports, budgets, payroll, sales taxes.
* Issued invoices, purchase orders and shipping charges.
BRIGHTON COLLEGE – Unionville, IA
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; QuickBooks; MAS90