This accounting supervisor worked her way, starting as a head bookkeeper. A chronological format was the best choice because she remained in a similar type of position and her experience is progressively responsible and steady. A title objective is used to make it easy for the hiring manager to screen her resume because it gets right to the point. A profile gives the reader a brief on her background.
Highly experienced accounting professional with more than 20 years of experience and a degree Accounting. Analytical and detail oriented with strategic problem solving skills and a proficiency in electronic accounting procedures. Effectively manages a large staff of accounting clerks with a focus on HR matters and workflow efficiency, accuracy, and compliance.
GOVERNMENT LOANS USA, Torrance, IA 2008 – Present
* Manage Accounting Department reporting directly to Controller.
* Prepare consolidated financial statements and SEC reports.
* Conduct audits across health care and technology industries.
* Instituted a financial reporting system that met GAAP standards.
* Established financial applications for MAS90 mainframe system.
* Hold weekly staff meetings to address projects and goals.
* Conduct periodic employee performance evaluations.
ACCOUNTANTS TODAY, Brighton, IA 2005 – 2008
* Performed account reconciliations and general ledger entries.
* Improved processes in relation to internal audits compliance.
* Posted to GL accounts and performed cash flow analysis.
* Monitored controls and systems to manage inventory levels.
* Prepared financial statements and variance analysis reports.
* Trained and supervised junior staff accountants.
ABBOTT CONTROLS, Skittles, IA 1993 – 2005
* Ensured tax, legal and company compliance with payroll issues.
* Analyzed business performance to maximize operations.
* Maintained weekly cash flow management and reporting activities.
* Prepared reports, budgets, payroll, sales taxes.
* Issued invoices, purchase orders and shipping charges.
BRIGHTON COLLEGE – Unionville, IA
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; QuickBooks; MAS90